CHAPTER 8: Bloodbath

•Josh and Jax•

JOSH'S POV

Jax and I don't have to walk far from the mansion to reach our target. The vampires are here in the ballroom where the first attack happened.

Dead bodies are scattered around while the vampires toast with blood inside their wine glasses. They're all having fun while Jax and I observe from afar.

"Josh, do you know how to use a shotgun?" I nodded.

"Good. Because I don't." I don't know if I should laugh or not. The way he said it was cute and funny.

To try and hear them, I move up to the glass door. Unexpectedly, two strong arms encircled me from behind, preventing me from moving, and lifted me toward the ballroom. Shit.

I am now facing a vampire sitting on a fancy chair. I can see a ruby ring on his index finger. THE boss.

"Look who I found, my king," my kidnapper said. King?

I remained calm and silent as I tried to observe my surroundings. Jax is nowhere to be found. Did he abandon me? No, I try to think he didn't.

"So, a living human being. I'm curious how you survived this long. I thought we killed all of you. Yet here you are, healthy and delicious." The vampire king came close to me to smell my neck. I didn't move a muscle. I looked him straight in the eyes to tell him I was not afraid. I know Jax is out there.

"Aren't you afraid of me, boy?" This King is trying to intimidate me. I'm more irritated. Boy? Who's he calling "boy"?

"No." I spat in his face. He wiped off my spit and stared me straight in the eyes intensely.

His eyes glow red, and then my body is suddenly out of my control. I find myself forcefully kneeling in front of him. I try to fight it. He's too powerful.

My body is hurting. My eyes are filled with tears. Will this cause my demise? I thought. The glass door suddenly broke down. Jax, I see a man with a holy water pistol in his left and a wooden spike in his right hand.

"Don't start the party without me, boys!" I heard Jax say. What an entrance!

"Kill that mutt!" The King ordered. Mutt?

All the vampires in the room launched attacks on Jax simultaneously. Unfortunately for them, Jax is a skilled fighter. He instantaneously kills those who are close to him by stabbing them in the heart. Jax doused them in holy water, briefly rendering them blind and slowing them down. He kicks them in both directions before tossing them over his shoulder. Wow, I've never seen someone fight like this before.

"You useless piece of sh*ts! You got one job!" The Vampire King is now in a panic, huh? I don't blame him. Most of them are dead; some lie on the floor in pain.

He dragged me by the neck to his throne as he sat on his chair. By this time, Jax had killed most of them.

"Surrender, Alastair." I heard Jax say.

"Hahahah! I will never surrender to a fucking mutt such as yourself. Remember, I'm holding your precious little human by his neck." This Vampire King, Alastair, licked my face. Disgusting.

I looked straight into Jax's eyes. I see a hint of fear. I smiled at him to reassure him that I'd be fine. He doesn't need to worry about me.

That small reassurance was working because I saw the fire in Jax's eyes come back.

"Give up, Alistair. I don't want to kill you. Don't hurt him and give us your ring." Jax demanded.

Alastair just laughed hysterically before he shouted and summoned every living vampire within the vicinity.

"Now, you are dead meat." Alistair said with a grin on his face.

----To Be Continued----