CHAPTER 6: The Riddle's Danger

•Pablo and Rain•

PABLO'S POV:

"I am described in many ways in books of old. My wings must be white, so I’m told. Powerful and old, I have seen many joys and sorrows untold." Rain read the riddle out loud.

"White feathers? Books of old?" I stood behind Rain as I tried to think. An angel! Yes.
"An angel!" I said out loud.

Rain twisted the letters outside the cylinder, which contains our last clue. We're outside the mansion, and our task is to find and answer riddles to locate our target. We don't know what they are yet, but we came prepared for everything.

"Okay. Here it is." She finally opened the cylinder and read the note inside.

"A PLACE WHERE IT IS HEAVEN HERE ON EARTH"

"What? That can be anything. Heaven is different for each person."

"You're right. But I saw these symbols in those cylinders multiple times. This is a symbol of a fallen angel." She tapped the symbol with her index finger for me to see.

"So, what does that mean?" I observed it closely.

"It means we are going to find a strip club where it's infested by fallen angels. Their heaven on earth." We nodded at each other and went on our way.

So the target is the leader of the fallen angels, huh? Is it Lucifer?

We found ourselves in front of an old abandoned building just near the mansion. Rain is looking for something around the concrete wall near the door.

"What are you looking for?" I asked.

"A way to go inside undetected." She answered.

She faced me suddenly, then stared at me for a long time. That made me a little uncomfortable.

"By the way, come closer to me.” she requested.
I came closer to her. She removed her glove and put her right hand above my chest. Her eyes glowed white for a moment. I feel something changing in me—literally in my body.

"What did you do? I feel a little bit different." I rubbed my chest because I felt something itchy inside.

"I've put a sigil of protection in your rib cage. This way, they will never know you are human. You'll be undetectable."

My jaw just dropped. She did what?

"Wait, how are you capable of it? I thought you guys were ordinary servers this evening?" I said in disbelief. Rain didn't answer me; instead, she finally found what she'd been looking for.

"Aha! There's a riddle here. It says: How come 6 is afraid of 7?" She scoffed after reading it.

"Why do they always use lame riddles as passwords? Nothing changed this whole time.” she mumbled to herself, but loud enough for me to hear. This is bizarre. Something tells me that Rain isn't what she says she is.

"7 ate 9," she said out loud. The door opened immediately, and loud music was playing in the background.

She extended her hand to me, and I took it. We enter the devil's den hand in hand.

--- To Be Continued ---