CHAPTER 1: The Invitation

Disclaimer: Escape Before Dawn is a thriller-mystery story filled with exciting revelations. This is a work of fiction so don't take this seriously. Photos are not mine so the credits belong to the owner. Thank you, enjoy!

AUGUST 1, 2023
10:00 PM

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

Our Mahalima stopped what they had been doing as they cautiously approached the door after hearing a knock in the middle of a misty night to find a mystery letter slipped beneath it.

The leader, Pablo, knelt down and took it.
Letters printed in gold ink are found on the back,
and the package is sealed in a maroon-colored envelope.

"To SB19" Pablo read.

"What does it say? Can we open it?" Stell asked.

They all crowded around Pablo as he opened the envelope very carefully and cautiously. He pulls out what appears to be a letter of invitation, and they hold their breaths in suspense and excitement. He gave it to Stell, who read it out to the group.

Dearly beloved friends,

I can't wait to invite you into one of my life's most thrilling festivities. The title to the magnificent mansion I recently inherited was given to me by my distant relatives. You are all cordially invited to a housewarming celebration tomorrow at 8:00 p.m. As this is a masquerade ball, please wear masks and dress in your dapper formal clothing. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone there.
Love,
Athena

They have a close friendship with Athena.
The guys are all aware of their willingness to attend her housewarming celebration. They decided that they deserved all the enjoyment they could get after their exhausting tour. Everyone earned it, after all.

THE NEXT DAY:

The SB19 members are delivered to a stunning-looking mansion's front courtyard.
When Athena claimed that it was a large, white mansion with four floors and marble walls, she wasn't joking.

The mansion is crowded with visitors and mask-wearing servers. Everyone is conversing and laughing merrily with one another.
Pablo turned up their invitation to the receptionist. She cheerfully led them all to their table.

Once they were all seated, they all turned to glance around to see if they could recognize anyone. They were approached by a stunning woman who had her long, black hair pulled back into a bun and dressed out in a scarlet gown with a high slit on the right side. They all sprang to their feet right away to greet and congratulate their friend Athena.

Athena took the hand Justin offered her, and he remarked,

"Congratulations, Athena; this is a beautiful house."

"I'm grateful. Although I hadn't anticipated receiving such a gift, who am I to refuse it?" Athena is hardly holding back her excitement as she jumps up and down, making the other males laugh.

"So, when does this party start?" Ken questioned.

"Oh, it will be shortly. You guys should begin eating and drinking as well. There is a buffet area, but you may ask the servers what you want so you don't need to get up from your table." Athena said.

Athena eventually has to leave the boys since she has to formally welcome each visitor. They began requesting food and take pleasure in their meals. As they watch pairs of talented ballroom dancers swarm the dance floor, they are slowly having fun.

All of a sudden,

the lights went out,

and chaos erupted.

The boys huddled under the dining room table and remained in place despite hearing screaming, running, sobbing, and pleading all around them but being unable to see anything.

After some time,
the lights came back on,
and they saw several of the visitors being stabbed,
pulled around, and bit by individuals they had previously thought were harmless.

The walls were covered with blood from the victims. All of them were alerted by this to get to their feet and take off as quickly as they could.

They all hurry to the fourth story, which is the tallest.
They rushed into an unplanned room and bolted it because they thought a crazed person was after them.

They can tell they are in Athena's spacious office by the large artwork hanging on the wall.

They were so focused on gathering their breath that
they almost missed the presence of an additional five figures hidden in the room's deepest corner.

Pablo's eyes widened as he attempted to shield his brothers behind his back in order to keep them safe.

The silhouettes of four women

and a single male

are visible to everyone....

----- To Be Continued -----