Chapter 11

The banquet hall was so quiet that Alarice feels like vomiting. Everybody's eyes were in them.

"I feel so sick." She murmured

"That's because you're so pretty Empress Mother." Naveen said

"He's right. And it's an honor to be your escort." Mael said

"But I hate gatherings. I wanna go and rest and sleep." She complained.

"Please bear with it Mother."

"You're really just like your father, Mael." She grunted.

She saw her family and greeted them formally. Then she went straight to the throne.

"We greet His Majesty the Emperor." The three of them greeted.

The Emperor gestures us to sit down. Then the banquet starts with some speech from the important nobles and my Father as he is a special guest.

"You didn't tell me you will be escorted by my sons." The emperor beside her said

"I didn't? I clearly told you last night." Said the puzzled Alarice.

The Emperor just looked at her. "You didn't. Are you so drown in pleasure that-" he didn't finished what he's saying as Alarice swiftly covers his mouth with her two hands.

She was blushing from embarrassment.

"Nicholas please. Stop saying things like that!" She murmured.

She felt Nicholas' smirked in her palm. He held her hands and remove it from his mouth.

"What? Isn't it true? Now I wonder how hard your maids worked so they can cover all the marks I left you!"

"You did it deliberately. They really had a hard time!" She hissed and gently kick him.

"I'd rather you enter with all the marks-"

"Nicholas!" She said loudly

She glanced at the nobles below them. All of them including Duke Elmea who's delivering his speech were looking at them.

She glared at him.

"Now great! I'll gather more attention now. Don't talk to me for the whole night. I'm exhausted just looking at you." She said and smiled at the crowd and wave.

She glanced at the Qashanna who was at other side of Nicholas trembling and looking down.

She sighed. I don't like to be involved in drama.

After the long speeches the food was served for the guests. Most of them were Eastern dishes.

"What's this?" Naveen asks while showing the chopsticks.

"Oh that's chopsticks. It's been a while since I've used one." She said then get one to use.

"How do I use this?" Naveen asked.

Alarice showed how to use it but Naveen had a hard time. Makes sense. Chopsticks are a bit hard to use.

She just used hers and feed Naveen herself. Mael looks like after many tries got used to eating with one.

"Your Majesty, please eat your meal also. I'll take care of my son." Concubine Elisha said

"Are you sure? You haven't finished your meal yet. I can feed him first then after you finished your meal I'll eat."

"No it's fine. Naveen can't always act like a baby. He ought to  be mature by now." Elisha said

"Oh, okay." She just said and starts eating. She saw Qashanna eating with her spoon and fork.