Chapter 11

Day 36

"Hey Commander, you wanted to see us?" Lena and Kara entered the capsule and were surprised to see Sam was also there.

"Yeah, um... Sam kissed me a couple of days ago so we're—"

Kara started spinning because she couldn't bounce without gravity, "What?!"

"Finally!" Lena exclaimed at the same time which made Kara paused.

"What do you mean finally?"

"Well, let's just say Sam wanted to do that for a long time."

Alex chuckled while Sam glared at Lena. "Anyway, yes, we're going to give it a shot but don't make a big deal out of it, please? Maggie says it's fine but let's give her some time."

"Excuse me? You told Maggie before telling me?!"

"I didn't exactly tell her, Kara."

"She saw us kissing."

"Seriously, guys?" Kara reprimanded.
At the same time Lena said, "Tell us everything."

And they did. They told them how Sam began flirting one day and Alex responded innocently until she noticed something had slightly changed in the air between them whenever they were alone. They told them how that particular day Sam couldn't take it anymore and decided to just tell Alex about her feelings, but midway through her speech she just kissed her. And Alex kissed back. They told them about Maggie and how just a few hours ago Alex had talked to her again and that she believed this was better for everyone, that they could be real friends now.

What they didn't need to tell them was how happy they were. Lena and Kara both noticed their wide smiles, their glances at one another and how Alex and Sam seemed to forget for a moment that they were also in the room. They noticed the joined hands with moving fingers, which was clearly happening absentmindedly.

When they left together as soon as they finished talking, it was obvious that they couldn't wait to be alone. And Lena couldn't restrain herself from yelling, "Remember the government doesn't want you having sex, Commander!" Alex's middle finger was the last thing they saw of them that day.

Kara was beaming, "They are adorable! I can't believe I didn't see that coming."

"Really? I thought it was obvious, at least that Sam liked her, but then again, Sam told me even before I met Alex."

"Woah, I don't think I could keep something like that to myself for that long." Kara actually thought she herself had been lasting pretty long already. Sometimes she thought she wouldn't be able to last one more week.

"I mean, to be fair, at first she thought Alex was straight, which I totally questioned the minute I saw her but not even Alex herself knew at that point so... Then by the time Alex, and by extension all of us, found out well, Maggie was already in the picture. The break-up was rough and then we were just training." Lena took a breath and moved her eyes away from Kara's, "Also, by that time they were already such close friends... it's difficult to risk that, you know?"

Boy, did Kara know. "Yeah, I get it." it came out barely above a whisper. Where had her voice gone? Kara had no clue, but Lena's eyes slowly found hers again so she figured she'd been heard.

Kara was saved from getting caught staring at her by Lena announcing she needed to go to the toilet. She sighed. Yeah, she probably wouldn't last much longer.

_________
Sooo. Chapter 11 already. Let me know what you think. I hope you enjoyed it.<3