The Next Morning.

Dakota's POV : 

I open my eyes and am immediately hit with a mind splitting headache. I groan and sit up and I'm met with 2 brown eyes. He's sat at the edge of my bed, looking at me with a disappointed expression and suddenly the memories from last night slowly come back. 

"How do you feel?" he asks and looks down at his hands. 

"I- I don't know, my head is kind of spinning and everything is blurry" I mumble and rub my eyes. 

"Look D, I'm sorry. I know you probably have a lot of questions right now and I want to answer all of them to the best of my ability." he says without looking at me and suddenly I remember everything.

"I- you were there. What the hell were you doing in a strip club?!" I ask and my voice is slightly higher than I meant for it to be. 

He looks up at me and there's panic behind his eyes. 

"You're going to hate me, and I don't know if I'm ready to lose you yet." He frowns and holds my hand. 

"Adrian, you're scaring me dude." I deadpan and watch as his facial expressions change. 

"Look D, there's a lot of stories behind what I'm about to tell you and maybe one day I'll have the balls to tell you everything. Yes, I was at the strip club but it's because a lot of my men have been murdered and we're trying to figure out where they're going." He spills and finally breathes for a minute. 

"Wh- what do you mean your men?" I question and his posture deflates. 

"Dakota, I'm the Don of the Urban Shadows. We're based out of Los Angeles. My dad, he was the Don. Until he died 2 years ago." He answers and grabs my hand. 

"You're the fucking Don of one of the largest gangs in LA and you never told me?!" I whisper scream at him and his eyes widen.

"No, because it would only put you at risk. Like it did last night." and with that the sadness and disappointment find its way back into his eyes. 

"You were drugged. They were going to take you and do unimaginable things to you to get me to surrender." he says as his voice slightly raises. 

"Hey, calm down. Maybe that was their intention. But I'm here, because of you. Don't beat yourself up over something that didn't happen" I whisper and push his chin up and make him look at me. 

He grabs my face and kisses me. 

"I- I can't lose you, I can't. I swear I'll protect you from anything and anyone. I don't care what I have to do. I'll always be there, okay?" he asks me, and I nod. 

"You know I can take care of myself. I've been doing it since I was 7." I mumble and laugh slightly but he just looks at me. 

"Yeah, you shouldn't have to though. I want you to know that if you ever need me, I'll be there. I don't care where you are or what time it is. You need to know that you can call me." he panics a little and begins planting little kisses all over my face. 

"Fine, fine. I'll call. But don't be surprised if you show up and they're lying dead on the floor" I laugh, and he just smiles and shakes his head. 

"So, what are we going to do now?" I ask and he shrugs.

"I don't really know. You took that a lot better than I thought you would. I expected you to kick my ass and leave for lying to you. Now I'm all derailed." he rambles, and I just laugh. 

"Well, I considered it but that really wouldn't have been a mature decision. I trust that your intentions were good, so I understand it." I shrug and he nods. 

"Sooooooo, what now?" he asks and shrug and jump off the bed and nearly fall. I look up and shoot him a goofy smile and run downstairs into the kitchen. He follows behind me but by the time he gets there I've already gotten the ice cream open and my spoon in it. 

"Want some?" I ask and hand him the spoon. 

"What is up with you and ice cream?" he asks and takes the spoon from me.

"I don't know, but I don't see you complaining" I smirk, and he chuckles. 

HIIIIIIIII YALL! Ok so, short chapter 747 words. I'm trying to be more consistent, but I keep hitting writers block and I've just got a lot going on so please be patient with me. I'm glad you guys have enjoyed it so far! Don't forget to vote and comment! Love ya babes!