── ⋆⋅ War ⋅⋆ ──

I kept on looking at her as she slowly closed her eyes

I kept on looking at her as she slowly closed her eyes. I felt regret by lying to her. This ceremony was no tradition and my subjects always accepted whoever the queen is because they trust this Kingdom enough.

I wanted to see her hurt. But not physically. The rejection she would have received from the subjects would have been pleasurable but seeing her having a cut somewhere made me realise I'm doing everything wrong. My heart says to not hurt her but my mind says otherwise.

Seeing her sleeping made me calm. Suddenly mother entered the chamber and asked me to meet outside. As I moved with her towards her chamber, I saw my father sitting there ignoring me. I still remembered what he said and maybe I won't forget it till i die.

"What am I hearing Aadil? Did you just married Shivanya for your benefits?" I looked down as it was true. I couldn't help anymore. I've lied to them which I never did in my entire life.

She yelled again "Tell me Aadil! Did you?" I didn't say a word. What will I even say? I'm not that shameless. "So you did." She chuckled and her hand landed on my cheeks with great impact.

"I never taught you this Aadil. I know you're grown up but never in my life I thought you would marry that innocent girl for your own sake. What if someone did this with your mother huh?" She said.

Imagining it about my mother made my blood boil. "Aadil, trust me if you hurt that girl anyhow, I'll be the first one to defend her anyhow" and then she left with father. I slowly dragged my feet and went in royal garden.

It was huge and peaceful. Everything makes me feel calm here but not today. My days have never went so bad as they are today. I don't know what am I supposed to do.

Somewhere I do want to hurt her to make her father's blood boil, and somewhere by just looking at her made me feel to drop every idea of hurting her. There was no one to love me but now I've. And still I'm not able to come to a conclusion.

Suddenly one of the soldier came running "Sultan! King of Chitradurga has attacked our sultanate" I stood up abruptly in shock. How dare he. This was pure disrespect. "Get the armies ready. We are going to end that king today" anger again took over me and now no one can change my decision.

How dare he to attack my sultanate. I went in the room which was in soldier's resting area. I took my sword and attendees helped me to wear my armour. The way our fort was built, it was not easy to enter in the main area. It will take a lot of time.

I took my horse and then rode a long distance to finally reach the beginning of the fort. I saw lots of army of Chitradurga and my soldiers were busy in tackling them. More armies came with me as they attacked them as I entered as well.

I moved through crowd and my first aim was to end the king. I saw him fighting with the armies. I moved my sword up and attacked him but he dodged very quickly. His sword moved towards me as I tackled him as well. His soldiers tried to attacked me but mine weren't less, they helped me to reach to the king as he ran away.

I followed him as I saw him going back to his castle. What a scaredy cat he is. The battlefield was left behind as I chased him and soon we were in the middle of forest.

I could see him running with fast speed which made me rode faster. We soon reached in between the forest as he suddenly came to an halt and turned around making me stop as well. We both were facing each other. His face held a smirk and mine was bigger than his.

"Give back my daughter and your kingdom to me Sultan" the word sounded awful from his mouth. "Forget it Raja ji. Today either you'll go back to your kingdom alive or I will" his smirk dropped.

"Then be READY" and then he marched towards me and directly attacked on my horse by dodging my attack as my horse fell on his knees. I fall directly on the ground right on my face. I turned back to see him pointing his sword on me "Move and I'll stab right on your heart" his sword moved near my heart.

I looked around and saw my sword a little far. He slowly pushed his sword as it's tip was on my chest. Before he could stab it, i managed to pick my sword and directly cut off his throat as blood splashed on my face.

Climbing upon his horse, I rode back to my sultanate. It took me a while but as I reached I saw his every soldier lying on the ground with few of ours. I reached towards the soldiers who were alive and ordered them

"Take all our dead soldiers and bury them with the rituals meanwhile the injured once must be taken care properly" the head commander nodded as everyone got engulfed in their work.

I dragged my feet and then went near the pond area and sat down with a thud. My whole body was paining and the blood was oozing out. But my mind was lingering on only one thing. My Begum.

How will she react when she will know that her father is dead? And the killer is no one but her own husband. But I had to this. Somehow my revenge was complete but my parents words lingered in my mind that made me think of hurting that woman so much to the core.

Somehow I want to destroy her and somehow I want to keep her close to me. Her innocence is something that attracts me. I still remember the first time I saw her. She was so scared of me and others present there as if we were ghost.

After finding out a little about her, all I could feel was she was always closed in four walls because her father never wanted any of us to see her and blackmail him just the way I did.

Slowly I stood up and dragged my feet towards my chamber. My heart felt heavy as well as my head hurts thinking too much about this. The attendees opened the door for me as I entered only to get a hold on my neck.