The end

♦ ♢ ♦ Author ♦ ♢ ♦

Hello my lovely citizens of wattpad, it's your favourite author here herself.

I hope you're all doing great so far. I'd like to wish you a happy new year first of all, before we get down to business.

I won't beat around the bush.

I know I'd promised many bonus chapters to you guys for this book, many of which I'd actually already drafted long ago but never posted. I apologise for not giving you an end to this story for such a long time.

It still stuns me how many people have given their time to read what I put down on paper, and actually enjoyed that shit no less lmfao. (By the way, I'm SO SORRY FOR THAT DANCE BATTLE. Someone please talk sense into my past self. I don't know what had hit me on the head when I thought of that lmfaoo. Anyway) To all my lovelies who've been here from the beginning, and to the lovelies just joining this fam, I love y'all.

I would never try to take away from your happiness, so I appreciate your love for Kaitlyn and Xavier's storyline.

But I'd hate to lie if I said I loved this story the same way as of now. 2023 kicked ass, that's all I'm saying lmfao (some big shifts in mindset fr).

Don't get me wrong, this book is my absolute baby. But I was a completely different person back when I wrote any of this. I don't associate with half the things I've written, and I often agree with the comments when it comes to pointing out the cringe lmfao. Trust me, if I could go back in time, I kinda would. But I also kinda wouldn't because I loved this book so much back then.

I'd purposefully made these characters flawed. Immaturity being a big part of their character lol. Young, dumb and (not broke) or whatever.

All that being said, I cannot find it in myself to post those bonus chapters anymore. I hope you get where this is coming from. Reading back all that I'd written, it just doesn't feel right for myself to post something I wouldn't post if I wrote it right now.

I love Kaitlyn and Xavier. So much. So I'll give them a closure and let their story rest now in this short epilogue that I'll write in third person to mix things up a bit.

It's short so not too much torture lol (people hate third person often times) but I hope it's enough to satisfy all my TGGTB girlies.

(why is this kind of emotional lmfao?)

ps: it don't mean I won't write something else... just not in this universe maybe hehe. We'll see. University is doing its thang.

Okay. So.

Without further ado, here is how I imagine their story continuing with time.

♦ ♢ ♦ Epilogue ♦ ♢ ♦

Kaitlyn and Xavier decided to complete their respective college years before planning a wedding back in Florida, in their hometown. While in college, they looked for opportunities in Boston to live and settle, since Xavier had gotten a draft from the Boston Bruins after having a great college season, and Kaitlyn a job in biochemical research, following her own passion.

Their wedding was held on a beach, all their old friends and family invited. Sebastian and Elijah, Xavier's best men and Luna and Brenna, Kaitlyn's maids of honour. Their wedding was simple, beautiful. Intimate.

Vows were shared, tears were shed.

They promised each other their loyalty, their honesty, their trust. They promised to love, to cherish, to devote their time and affection towards one another.

They bought a beautiful home in a friendly neighbourhood of Boston, welcoming their confident, ladies-man (like the dad) first born son, who went on to follow his father's passion for ice. Learning from the legend that his father had become throughout his hockey career, the son strives to make his family proud. Next came a feisty little daughter, as beautiful and graceful as her mother, she chose her mother's love for dance and her dad's love for ice, becoming a figure skater.

They also adopted a little dog to complete their family.

Through the chaos and through the joys of parenthood, Kaitlyn and Xavier stood by each other's side.

And yes, Xavier did, in fact, traumatise his children a few times. He loved his woman a little too much, what could he say? Even if his woman had had crazy pregnancy cravings or had cried rivers over absolutely nothing, he loved her more and more. Crazy and all. How she nurtured their children to be understanding, smart and careful. How she cared for everyone so deeply, despite everything. How much she made him feel safe in her arms, helping him relax after a long day at practice.

She loved him equally as much, seeing him handling and fathering their children, teaching them how to be confident, brave and responsible, she cherished everything she could. Appreciated him for taking care of the children, even when her work ran late. How much he lifted the weight off her shoulders with a simple smile, a little kiss on the back of her neck.

Life wasn't sunshine and rainbows. It involved stressful game nights, losses, unfortunate setbacks in research fundings and work drama, shit-storms at school since the kids were being kids.

But life was filled with beautiful little moments like watching the first steps of their children, their first words. Every game the kids cheered their dad on in his matches, or mom on her breakthroughs. Or simply family game-nights, when dad and daughter would team up against mom and son. When they'd tease each other and compete. Laugh together, argue on who was cheating and who wasn't.

They weren't perfect, but they were perfect for each other.

♦ ♢ ♦ ♢ ♦

🎉 You've finished reading 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙂𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙏𝙪𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝘽𝙖𝙙 🎉