Chapter 115: Let's Plant Corn

Looking out of the window on the 13th floor, Zhang Yi couldn't help but inhale sharply at the sight of over a thousand residents scattering in panic. It was his first time using a hand grenade.

To be honest, he hadn't expected it to have such a massive impact initially. Perhaps watching too many martial arts dramas had given him the impression that heroes could withstand all sorts of grenades and hand grenades without harm. However, the reality was that modern firearms had unimaginable lethality for ordinary people!

With just one grenade, Zhang Yi scared over a thousand people like rats, directly or indirectly causing the deaths of nearly twenty individuals. Initially, he had planned to throw more grenades, but after the first one exploded, the others scattered like frightened birds and animals. The subsequent throws were not as effective.

Seeing their ineffectiveness, Zhang Yi decided not to waste more of his grenades. After all, he only had twenty boxes, and he needed to use them sparingly. He sat on a chair, waiting for Wang Qiang, Huang Tianfang, and others to arrive.

After a few minutes, several breathless individuals gradually made their way to the scene. Climbing nine floors in such cold weather was a challenge for most people, except for Huang Tianfang, a construction worker, and Zhang Yunfei, the head of Building 5.

Zhang Yi knew a bit about Zhang Yunfei; he used to run a boxing gym and was somewhat skilled. However, this was irrelevant to Zhang Yi because he had a gun.

"Everyone's here. Is it just you guys?" Zhang Yi said in a calm tone, feeling somewhat disappointed by the small number of people. If he couldn't eliminate all the building heads, he would have to proceed with the second plan.

After catching their breath, the previously arrogant group had lost much of its bravado. Faced with a ruthless figure who could throw grenades at any moment, what were they?

Li Jian, trying to regain composure, said, "Yes, we are... representatives!"

"Oh." Zhang Yi responded indifferently. "Let's talk then."

Wang Qiang and the others found a place to sit after catching their breath, but no one dared to approach Zhang Yi. Everyone knew he was armed.

Li Jian took the lead in speaking. His tone was more polite this time, "Zhang Yi, you know the current situation is difficult. We are all short of food and clothing. Many people have frozen or starved to death."

"I also heard that some buildings have started resorting to cannibalism!"

"If this continues, none of us will survive."

"So, I hope you can understand. We are not against you. We just want to survive, which is why we have to talk to you in this way."

Li Jian's tone was more courteous, but Zhang Yi remained unmoved.

"Don't play the sympathy card with me. Do you think saying these things now will make a difference? Just state your conditions."

From a dominating standpoint, Zhang Yi had the upper hand over the five individuals. Even if they wanted to pretend to be calm, climbing nine floors had visibly exhausted them. Yes, all of this was within Zhang Yi's calculations!

After exchanging glances, Wang Qiang nodded to Li Jian, indicating that he should continue.

Li Jian took a deep breath, "What we want is some essential living supplies. First, food; we need your assistance in collecting it from the outside world."

"Second, materials for heating, such as clothes and blankets."

Li Jian paused for a moment, and the others stared at him intently.