Chapter 85: Humiliating the White Lotus

"All right, supplies have been distributed," Zhang Yi said, instructing Zhou Keren to put away the remaining items.

At that moment, an anxious cry suddenly erupted from the crowd. "Brother Zhang Yi, I haven't received anything yet!"

The voice belonged to Fang Yuqing. She had assumed Zhang Yi would give her special treatment and provide her with the most food. However, after waiting eagerly for quite some time, she hadn't received anything.

Next to Fang Yuqing, Lin Caining also exclaimed anxiously, "Brother Zhang Yi, how could you forget about me?"

Zhang Yi looked at them with a playful expression. "I didn't forget about you two."

They brightened up, thinking Zhang Yi was intentionally saving the best for last. However, his next words shattered their hopes.

"You two never had anything to begin with."

Fang Yuqing and Lin Caining were dumbfounded, staring with wide eyes as if unable to believe their ears.

Lin Caining blurted out, "Why? Others have received food, why not me?"

Fang Yuqing, unable to accept the situation, rushed to Zhang Yi's side, tears streaming down her face. She asked in a tearful voice, "Brother Zhang Yi, are you joking with Yuqing? Right? This isn't true; you wouldn't treat me like this."

"You... didn't you say you liked Yuqing?" she continued. "You said you liked me. But now, why are you like this?"

Zhang Yi raised an eyebrow, "I did say I liked you. However, did you really take it seriously? I treat many girls this way. We're just here to have fun, and everyone knows that."

"Now that I've lost interest in you, please don't bother me in the future. I already have a girlfriend."

With that, Zhang Yi deliberately pulled Zhou Keren into his arms. Standing side by side, Zhou Keren and Fang Yuqing presented a stark contrast.

One was a top graduate from a prestigious university, a chief physician from a top-tier hospital, impeccable in stature, appearance, and temperament.

The other was an employee in a small company, constantly chatting with various men, fishing for compliments in nightclubs.

The choice was obvious to anyone.

Moreover, Fang Yuqing looked disheveled, while Zhou Keren was elegantly dressed. The two of them looked like a fairy and a beggar.

Fang Yuqing couldn't bear such a blow. Her once proud looks and charm were now being trampled upon by Zhang Yi.

Crying, she pointed at Zhang Yi. "No, this can't be true! Just a while ago, you asked me to stay at your place. Why are you treating me like this now?"

Zhang Yi sneered, "What's wrong with you?"

"I was just playing with you! Look at how foolish you look now."

He then looked at Wang Min and Lin Caining. "Hey, does she always tell you that I like her? And that I will let her in?"

Wang Min and Lin Caining quickly nodded. "Yes, this woman constantly daydreams and talks nonsense!"

"She doesn't know her place. She even caused the death of my cousin. She deserves to die!"

Zhang Yi publicly humiliated Fang Yuqing, stripping her clean of her underwear. All eyes carried a disdainful look.

Fang Yuqing's face turned pale as she covered her head, saying, "No, please stop talking! I beg you, stop talking!"

Ignoring her, Zhang Yi continued, "A woman like you thinks of herself as a fairy, always dreaming of marrying into wealth."

"But little did you know, you're infamous in the circle of rich second-generation individuals in Tianhai City. Everyone knows you're an easy target with just a bit of money."

Looking at Xu Hao, Zhang Yi asked, "Xu Hao, what's her nickname?"

Xu Hao, curled up on the ground, gritted his teeth and said, "Universal Socket, Public Bus, Russian Roulette!"

Laughter erupted from the crowd. "Haha! I can't believe we have such a talent in our building."

"Damn! I even had a crush on her before. Damn! If I had known, why bother making an effort!"

"What a shameless woman!"

Surrounded by mocking and scornful comments, Fang Yuqing was completely isolated. Zhang Yi completely destroyed her pride and charm.

She screamed as if driven insane, then ran out.

Zhang Yi took out a small bag of biscuits and threw it in front of Xu Hao. "Well-behaved, this is your reward."

Training a dog involved giving rewards when it behaved. Xu Hao's eyes lit up with joy, and even after being beaten a moment ago, his hatred towards Zhang Yi had significantly diminished.

From the bottom of his heart, he now considered Zhang Yi a fair person.

Maybe, he thought, it was his fault for resisting Zhang Yi in the first place.

"Thank you, Brother Zhang Yi! I promise to be obedient in the future!"

At this moment, Lin Caining also stepped forward. "Zhang Yi, Yuqing has offended me before, but we have no conflicts, right? I even helped you speak just now. Can you give me more food?"

Zhang Yi glanced at her. "No."

Lin Caining immediately became furious and screamed, "Why? You're pursuing her, not me!"

Zhang Yi looked at her seriously. "I'm annoyed by you. I don't want to give you anything. Is that not okay?"

Lin Caining was choked by his words. "You..."

Zhang Yi said, "The things I brought back are mine, and I have the right to decide who gets what. If you have any complaints, keep them to yourself."

"It's unfair!"

Lin Caining cried bitterly. "You bastard! Who asked you about fairness?"

Zhang Yi ignored her. The others also mocked and ridiculed Lin Caining's misery.

Li Chengbin and Jiang Lei, being sensible, led Lin Caining away, preventing her from staying and being a nuisance.

After distributing the supplies, Zhang Yi continued, "Next, let's discuss how to strengthen our defense."

Beside Uncle You, Xie Limei frowned and whispered in his ear, "Why haven't we received ours? You killed two people; we should get eleven portions!"

Uncle You said, "Zhang Yi won't forget us. Don't speak for now."

Unhappy, Xie Limei glanced at him and then at Zhang Yi. She lowered her head and muttered a few words.

Zhang Yi said, "In our building, excluding children who can't walk, there are 47 people."

"Excluding myself, Zhou Keren, Uncle You, and Aunt Xie Limei, there are 43 people left. We'll form six groups, each with seven or eight people."

"Rotate shifts every 24 hours to guard against attacks from people in other buildings."

"If you spot anyone approaching, sound the alarm by knocking on the staircase railing or any other metal object to notify everyone."

"When people on other floors wake up, they should also use the same method to inform those on higher floors."

Zhang Yi inserted his hands into his pockets and spoke earnestly. "The reward I mentioned earlier still stands. Kill an enemy, and you'll be rewarded with five portions of food!"

"Without achievements, those on duty each day will still receive a portion of food. However, it will be chosen by others, and the quantity is not guaranteed," Zhang Yi continued. Turning to Uncle You, he said, "Uncle You, I'll leave the arrangement of this matter to you!"

Uncle You nodded, "Alright, no problem!"