Chapter 19....

Lydia

"Jesus." I flinched as one of our players were slammed into the plexiglass in front of us. I have no idea how they can take a hit like that and just skate off like nothing happened.

"Come on guys get the damn puck." I heard Josie yell a few seats down from me. She's been screaming the whole game, I wouldn't be surprised if she loses her voice later.

"God they are playing rough." Tasha beside me winced.

We are all currently sitting in the stands watching the final game before the playoffs. The Knights were pretty much guaranteed a spot but of course the guys wanted to be number one in the division. None of the guys half ass anything.

"Haven't seen Trevor in the box this much before." The both of us glanced over at the box where Trevor was currently sitting. He only had another minute left inside but this was his sixth time being put in the penalty box. Both him and Bryton have spent quite a bit of time in the box this game.

The team was ahead by one goal as the clock ticked down. They needed to hold the team off for another three minutes.

"It's like he's in time out." Mateo poked his head between us. Him and Landon were sitting behind us girls since there wasn't room for all of us on the same row. "Like a little kid in time out." He joked.

"A little kid that could kick your ass." Tasha replied back.

"He wishes." Mateo snorted.

"Dare you to say that to his face later." Landon said from behind me. I've been trying to focus on the game but it was next to impossible with him behind me. I was hyper aware of every movement he made. His knees brushed against my upper shoulders, thanks to his long ass legs and short seats.

I felt the brush of fingertips along my neck making me shiver. Over the course of the game every so often Landon would do this. Just enough to make me shiver and want more than the brief touch. He's a fucking tease.

"I will. Not like he can catch me anyways." Beside me Tasha snorted.

"Yeah I'm not saving your ass when you do." I didn't have to look at Landon to know he was shaking his head at his younger brother.

"You do know he has more muscle mass than you right?" I looked over my shoulder at Mateo.

"Babe have you seen these arms?" Mateo lifted his arm and flexed. Even under his thick jersey that had his brothers number on it, I could see the muscle of his bicep. I swear every time I see him he's gotten even buffer.

"Sorry hun but all I see is a stick arm." I sent him a sad look.

"L." He fake gasped like he was hurt. "That was cruel."

"The truth hurts sometimes." I reached back and patted his knee.

"Landon she's being mean to me." Mateo whined like a little kid.

"Maybe you deserve it." Came Landon's response.

"You're my big brother. You're suppose to defend me and my honor." I snorted at the word honor.

"Yeah not gonna happen." We both knew that was a lie. Landon would go to the ends of the earth to defend and protect his brothers. After learning what I did earlier this week I've started to see Landon in a whole new way.

Yes he can still be an asshole at times but he's an asshole who has given up so much to be there for his family and to protect them. Keeping this secret about his father from everyone can't be an easy burden to carry.

I saw the look on his face when he told me. Like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. All I could do was hug him and hope that telling me helped ease some of the weight.