Chapter 4

A few days had passed since blackpelt spoke to darkkit, and Cloudfur was clearly never speaking to blackpelt Ever again.

"Hey, darkkit, I know things have been bad, but I heard that mousepaw will get her warrior name today."

Beetlekit was trying to be optimistic, but she was failing since darkkit was just moping around.

"Maybe her name should be Mouseheart." Darkkit probably shouldn't have said that.

"Honestly, darkkit, how do you expect to become a  warrior if you show no interest in being kind?"

Raccoonkit was sitting near them and watched back and forth

"Beetlekit, darkkit, maybe if you both were like Woodkit, maybe you guys have a better chance of making better apprentices."

Woodkit was clearly popular among the clans, and the queens would use her as an example to show what a good apprentice looks like.

"Raccoonkit, if you want to talk to us about being better, maybe you could make Lemurkit and wolfkit better. "

No one was going to deny that Lemurkit and wolfkit were the loudest kits in the nursery. Some warriors said they should be apprentices already since they have so much energy

"Never going to happen, darkkit, but maybe applekit might have a chance he's already doing task for the elders he might as well get wolfkit and Lemurkit under control."

Darkkit was annoyed since his brother bought applekit up because, according to darkkit, applekit was waiting for him in the nursery with a spider so that he could throw it at darkkit

"Honestly, darkkit applekit is too nice to do that, and frostkit said he was playing with applekit that day."

Raccoonkit was defending applekit, but darkkit had a better accusation.

"Well, frostkit is his brother, so of course he would say that."

Raccoonkit snorted, then started to groom himself

"Well, darkkit ever since applekit was born you have been jealous so it's no surprise that you're looking for a way to make applekit look bad."

Darkkit was furious he wasn't jealous of applekit.

"I'm not jealous of him, and I never will be unl."

Darkkit was cut off because Lionstar was calling a clan meeting

Bettlekit was jumping with joy as she sped off to the group of cats gathering around the pinebranch.

"Cats of ShadowClan today we name a new warrior. Bonefur, do you believe that mousepaw is worthy for her warrior name?"

Bonefur was thinking, but he shouldn't since mousepaw worked hard for this."

"I believe that mousepaw is ready for her warrior name."

Darkkit looked at mousepaw with admiration in his eyes.

"Then by the power of starclan I give mousepaw her warrior name, mousepaw from here on out you will be known as Mousecoal. ShadowClan honors you for your bravery and intelligence."

The clan was silent for a moment before Beetlekit started to shout Mousecoal new name.

Soon, the entire clan was saying her new name.

Lionstar was on the pinebranch, clearly waiting for the clan to be silent.

When the clan finally started to calm down, Lionstar went on.

"For today, Mousecoal's ceremony won't be the only thing happening for today. Three kits have made it to six moons."

The entire clan stared at darkkit, and his siblings and time seemed to freeze.

"Darkkit, bettlekit, and Raccoonkit, please step up."

All three kits stood up and padded towards the pinebranch.

" Darkkit, bettlekit, and Raccoonkit. It is time for you to become an apprentices. I call upon starclan and offer them three kits to become apprentices. Bettlekit, you shall be known as bettlepaw, and your mentor shall be, darksoul."

Darksoul went up and touched noses with bettlepaw.

"Raccoonkit, you shall be known as Raccoonpaw, and your mentor shall be Chippedclaw."

"Darkkit, you shall be known as darkpaw, and I will accept the honor of having you as my apprentice."

All of ShadowClan was congratulating the new apprentices and were telling how lucky darkpaw was since Lionstar only had one other apprentice. (They died :^)

Applekit was waiting at the apprentice den with Firepaw at his side clearly happy since now she had others to help her with tasks.

"Darkpaw, you're so lucky that for once, I think I night be jealous of you."

Darkpaw felt pride burst inside if him as he listened to applekit

"Well, it might not be easy with Lionstar as a mentor, but hey, it might be interesting."

Applekit was amused with darkkit and ran to the other kits so they could play moss ball.

"Well, darkpaw, I say you make me jealous even tho I respect blackpelt."

Hearing his father's name, did blackpelt see his ceremony? Did he hear about darkpaw's amazing luck of being Lionstar's apprentice?

"Oh right, sorry, darkpaw."

Darkpaw was upset that Firepaw heard what his father said about him.

"Well, if it makes you feel better, there's a fat squirrel on the fresh-kill pile waiting for you."

Darkpaw made his way to the fresh-kill pile only to stop and make sure the queens and elders were fed

Darkpaw went to the nursery to see if any of the queens needed fresh-kill, but they all had something.

The elders were being fed by the time darkpaw got to them.

When the queens and elders had fresh-kill darkpaw headed back to the apprentice den with his squirrel, but as darkpaw got to the clearing morningheart, the deputy was sitting there.

"Hello, darkpaw, I saw how you went to check if the queens and elders had fresh-kill, and I'm proud to say that if I have the chance to. I would make you my deputy."

That comment from morningheart made darkpaw drop his squirrel and started to offer it to morningheart as a thank you for the praise. Even tho morningheart said she had some already.

Raccoonpaw was sharing a thrush with Firepaw by the time he got there.

"It seems morningheart has taken a liking to you. It's really hard to squeeze a compliment from her."

Darkkit realized Raccoonpaw was jealous of him and made him feel like the luckiest apprentice in the world.

Tomorrow is darkpaw's first day of training, so he better become the best apprentice so that he can be a great warrior and hopefully deputy.