CHAPTER 18

~you came near and smiled like this, you made me dream like never before, now my heart can neither stay awake or sleep.

"Okay, I have decided on the characters," I told them.

I assigned each of them their characters and gave them their dialogues. And all we had left was to practice till the day of our performance.

The practice had been a hell of a rollercoaster, we had at most fun with everyone, teasing, playing, laughing, and whatnot.

It felt good to be together with everyone. It felt good that there was nothing weird between me and Archer after what he had said. I thank my mind to have not gone deep into the thoughts about it, hopefully. 

It was the last day of practice, all of us were done with it and were going to leave. That's when Archer came in and whispered in my ears.

"Don't try to have a crush on me Claire." He whispered.

"What?" I asked. That was the most random thing he had ever done.

Did he come to know that I have mixed feelings? Or is it too obvious that I'm acting  suspiciously around him? I'm so confused. 

"Why would I?" I replied. And both of us left.

 I Should keep my distance regardless of his behavior, or it's going to end up real bad for me. Okay, well thanks for that Archer. Even though i'm not sure myself if I do, that did hurt a bit. 

**********

Finally, it's showtime! Our performance was the eighth one. We actually had to hurry and get ready. As usual there were so many last minute preparations and touch ups left to do. 

We were performing a romcom, a scene from the plays 'A midsummer night's dream' by William Shake sphere. I was supposed to make my own story, but i could not find any sufficient time to put my effort into it.

I was playing the role of Hermia, Emma was playing the role of Helena. Demetrius was Anderson and Lysander was Archer.

Wonder how his name sounds like a prince-Archer Kalvien King sounds like a name fit for royalty, and he certainly looked the part in his costume. Like a Greek god with his fine, sleek, black hair that covered his forehead. His luscious cherry-like lips and honey-colored eyes were captivating, and one could easily lose themselves in them.

He wore a tight shirt, which accentuated his chiseled body, and a white shawl draped over one shoulder. Everyone could not just get over how good he looked. To accompany this, he also wore a band of flowers over his head. Even though he isn't even trying, he exudes a natural confidence where I was left in awe.

Luke was playing thesis duke of Athens, Luna was playing Hippolyta and rest all were playing the other characters.

"Omg!! Claire, you look so beautiful!!" Tia commented. I could see Archer looking over at me and I smiled and replied to her as my eyes met with his.

"You do too!!" I said and I was left alone. Archer came by my side.

"Never knew someone like you could actually pull out looking like this." He said.

"Ouch, okay, dont know if I should take that as a compliment or an insult." I replied.

I was even more nervous to talk to him because of how godly he looked.

"You don't look bad yourself." I said as casually as possible.

"Oh, I never look bad." He said looking at himself with a smirk.