CHAPTER 10

~Beneath every story, there is another story.

"I like Luke."

"The whaaaaat!" she gasped by turning her face towards me.

"What?" 

"Why him?" She asked.

"I mean I've known him as long as I've known you, we're pretty good friends too and besides he's good. So, it just happened." I told her.

"Great! So, what are you planning on doing?" 

"I don't know, come to know if he feels anything? And you're not telling this to anyone." I said.

"I won't. Let me get started on your wing women job." 

This is such a random conclusion. Like it was all Archer Archer and now its Luke. I mean yeah, Archer is there, the assignment is still pending, but I also realized I have a crush on Luke. I've had it for a while now. I guess after the whole assignment drama it's become more.

Besides I haven't told anything that has been happening and all feelings to anyone about Archer. Anyways I realized I don't really like him in that way; all he does is annoy.

My feelings and thoughts about Archer are complicated.

****

I casually talked with Luke as usual. Except for this time people went on teasing us which is the least thing that happens, as I talk to him almost every time.

"When did both of you become a thing uh?" His friend asked.

"We aren't a thing bro, what is up with you?" He replied.

Hopefully Archer was not in the class at that time. Or else I would have no strength to argue with his statements. He just needs one thing to get started off and eventually this was a big one.

Overall, this whole teasing thing was to know how Luke reacts, but I dint really come to know much. But I hate the fact that everyone came to know about this. They don't know that I like him, but they're just assuming there is something like that.

*****

"No! That is not how you do it." I said, grabbing the brushes from Archer.

"You know what, why don't we do it later, not today." He said.

"We don't have school."

"I don't caree, just do it at home." He said in a tired and frustrated manner.

"Who's?" I asked.

"You do it in your house and bring it." He replied.

"I. Am. Not. Doing the whole thing by myself." I said.

"Ahhhh then bring it to my house tomorrow we'll finish it fully within that day itself." He said and he left.

What? Do I know his house that I would just go there?

And he came back.

"Give your number." He said.

I told him the number and he said he'll text the address and time.

"Look who's there Luke's other half." One of Luke's friend shouted as he passed by.

Shit, now hell Archer won't leave this. I know he's going to go on like 'Luke, You Like Luke! I told you to accept you like Luke dint I'. I was looking at him for his response but damn I was surprised he dint do any of those.

He looked at me, not with a smirk but with a disappointment and he just left without telling anything.

The other half day went on silently, for some reason Archer seemed quiet, which is new. But on the other hand, 'Luke & Claire' kept ringing on my ears as people kept on saying that again and again.

By the time I reached home, I had got his message.

Archer: "Prince Street Avenue,

Street 3, door 107."

Archer: "Come by 6."

Wow, I dint know he lived close by. His house is like hardly 10 mins from mine in walkable distance. I was actually quite excited that I would be going to his house. That was the only thing that was there on my mind that day. 

The next day I got ready, I wore casual pants and a sweatshirt and left to his place. It was going to be 6:05. I am always not on time, anywhere I go, I will be late at least by 10 mins, school is an exception.

By the time I reached his house it was 6:10. I was so nervous, it's so weird going to his house. My hand was literally shivering while I was going to press the doorbell.

Before I could, the door opened.

"H-hi" I said, nervously.

"Come in." He said. So expressionless.

His house was damn good, massive and beautifully decorated.

As soon as you enter, there was a staircase on the side, and by walking more further there was a huge open space, with seating arrangements, Tv and everything. I could see many photos hung up in the wall, and huge decorative pieces were used. The ceiling was massive. What made it look even better was that the whole house was in a grey, white and black theme. 

He's quite rich uh. 

His mom came out and greeted me.

"Hey darling! Finally, Archie got a girl to his house." she said by making fun of him.

She looked so pretty.

"Mom! Just no. It's just for a dumb project" he said by getting pissed off.

God! his temper is something. At times it scares the shit out of me. God knows what is even up with him.

He's been acting weird from when he heard about Luke and me. One second, he was just so calm and joyful, and the next second, he became like that expressionless, non-interesting person.