Chapter 78 - Red Carpet Appearance (3)

POV Aaliyah Salazar

Aaliyah Salazar stared at herself happily in the mirror. Her make-up artist and stylists had really outdone themselves this time and she just knew she would be the standout on the red carpet for the opening ceremony.

Ever since she knew she got the Female Lead role for 'His Fair Lady', she had been working hard to make sure she would make the perfect first impression at the opening ceremony. She had gone on a strict liquid diet to cut down on any extra pounds while strictly avoiding the sun to lose some of the tan color on her skin. She wanted to be the epitome of a fair beauty for the role. For the opening ceremony, she had gone out of her way and used her own money to hire the best stylists, makeup artists, and hairstylists that she could afford rather than use the ones assigned by the company.

She needed to be perfect today to show that ...thing who was better between the two of them. Since Valentina had dared to not only audition for the same movie as her but get the role of the second female lead, Aaliyah had vowed to completely crush her.

She knew that the resources Valentina received were nonexistent, but she couldn't figure out how she kept lucking out into amazing roles. And honestly, it seemed that Valentina had done a 180 in terms of her personality. Rather than the shy, gloomy, nervous wreck who wanted to please everyone, she had become more confident and self-assured, carrying herself with a grace that really highlighted her beauty.

Somehow Valentina had successfully completed filming Spring Love despite the roadblocks she had thrown her way. Thankfully she had been able to pressure Director Cranston and his team into cutting her from the promotional material and minimize her scenes. But then something even bigger had come out.

A music video with one of the best bands!

When she saw the Fallen Angel's music video starring Valentina, she had almost broken her teeth in anger. She had forced her manager to dig internally and Black Rock Entertainment to figure out how such a juicy role had slipped by everyone and fallen into Valentina's lap, however, there was no record of it ever being posted.

Apparently, it was a word-of-mouth referral and only available to those affiliated with Platinum Entertainment. But she couldn't understand, how that waste of a human who didn't even grow up in the wealthy circle get acquainted with the Fallen Angels. It didn't make sense!

And now, Valentina was coming for her film and planning on riding on her coattails! She didn't know what Valentina had said to the Director, but if she came to this opening ceremony expectation to keep her role, well, there would be a lovely surprise waiting for her.

Looking at her reflection, she smiled in satisfaction. Her golden-brown hair had been subtlety lightened and extensions had been added to make it fall in waist-length ringlets. Her makeup had been done in a subtle bridal style which made her look like a glowing blushing beauty, and had put in blue contacts and curly eyelash extensions for a doe-eyed look.

She had chosen the perfect blue gown that accentuated her figure before flaring down in ribbons and frills. Although it was a blue ball gown, when paired with jewelry and her makeup, it would give people the impression that she was a princess bride.

She had done all this to coordinate with the male lead and her love interest in the movie, Jonathan Starling. After researching extensively, she knew that the color he wore the most was blue. He either wore a blue suit or a blue shirt or had some sort of blue accessory. As she remembered gazing into his crystal blue eyes that curved in amusement whenever he smiled or laughed, she couldn't help but sigh with happiness. For all the time she had spent in the industry so far, she had never seen such a handsome man in person. She wanted to have him. No, she intended to have him.