Chapter 41 - Premiere Night (1)

Valentina woke up well into the afternoon the next day. Since she had gone to bed so late and had been unable to fall asleep easily, her body decided to take it out on her, and she slept like the dead for over 14 hours. She groggily got up and went down to breakfast and was shocked to see that Kaiser was at the dining table. He was dressed in a simple black button-up shirt, folded at the elbows, and simple black slacks.

"Good afternoon Valentina, I hope you slept well." he greeted her while reading something on his tablet.

"Uhm why are you here?" Valentina asked as she sat down.

"I live here?" Kaiser replied with a chuckle as she rolled her eyes at him.

"Sure, sure don't tell me I don't care," Valentina replied with a wave of her hand as she dug into the porridge that a maid brought for her.

"I'm expecting a gift to be delivered so I decided to come back early."

"Oh." Valentina continued eating her food and the conversation stagnated. Wanting to fill up the awkward silence between them, she asked, "When will Luca return?"

"Do you miss him?" Kaiser glanced at her and asked.

"Actually yes. I'm used to being around him all day so it's a bit different." Valentina honestly replied. Habit was such a scary thing. It had only been for a short while, but she had gotten used to seeing Luca and being around him every day.

"Since today is Friday, he should be back by Sunday. I'm sure he misses you too so if you give him a call he would be very happy."

"Isn't he at your parents' place? That would be awkward for me to explain who I am if they asked."

"Just say you're his new mom." Kaiser joked.

"Absolutely not." Valentina immediately shut him down.

"Valentina." At his soft tone, Valentina couldn't help but look at him.

"What?"

"You know that I'm attracted to you. Don't you want to be Luca's stepmom?" his tone was the epitome of a seductive devil trapping an innocent victim.

"No way. Please find someone else." Valentina immediately retorted. Although she did find him attractive, he was objectively a walking red flag.

"Why not? I think it's a pretty good deal. Spend my money, get a free son, and build great social connections. Or do you think I'm ugly?."

"You're definitively not ugly!" Valentina immediately corrected and blushed when he winked at her, "But you don't love me. You think I'm physically attractive and I'm currently doing you a favor, so it's given you a positive impression of me. But it's all surface-level. I have no interest in romance at this time as I want to focus on my career and even if I did I would only want someone who truly loved me."

Hearing her words, Kaiser nodded his head at her and sipped his tea.

"Your words are fair, but we'll see in the future." He smirked at her, and Valentina felt a chill run through her body. Before she could speak, he continued, "It seems your phone is ringing."

Valentina glanced at her phone and saw that her phone was vibrating, and it was the company number.

"Hello?"

"Miss Salazar, we're calling to inform you that the premier for <Spring Love> is tonight. The location is the Fox Theater on Central Avenue. After the film, there will be a Q&A session for actors to attend. The press schedule for the release will be sent to your email tomorrow as well."