15. Wedding Night

Yaksha's POV

I thought I wouldn't sleep well. But surprisingly I did. I slept like a literal baby. For how long I don't even remember but as I woke up I saw the sun setting. And now all the anxiety is kicking in.

Damn I even missed the sunset.

As Meena and Aaliyah who is supposedly getting me all decked up for my wedding night I can't help but feel anxious,scared. All the big talks and prep talk keeps fading away one by one. The idea that I am finally meeting my 'husband' is being registered in my mind. And what and how questions are coming back. He will be good to me right? If he is not I swear I am killing him. Oh no then that would be treason.

Of course I didn't actually mean killing him.

"There you go bhabi-jaan. You look so beautiful MashaAllah. What did bhaijaan ever did to deserve a beauty like you!" Aaliyah chuckles.

I smile listening to her words. She reminds me of Rajeshwari. God I miss her! I wonder how is she. I should write a letter as soon as possible. Aaliyah may be younger than me but in just few hours she has made me her acquaintance.

"You should wait for bhaijaan now. We should leave. Since you will be too tired tomorrow I will tell the maids to not to wake you up early." She smiles smugly.

My eyes widened listening to her words. What's up with these girls suddenly? Why are they so keen on teasing me left and right.

"Nanad ji aapko apne badi bhabi se aise baat nehi karna chahiye. Aapke bhai se shikayat lagay apki?" I made all serious face to tease her. Tit for tat sister-in-law.

( You know you shouldn't talk to your elder sister-in-law like this. Should I complain about you to your brother?)

She straightened her posture immediately. All the smugness went away with a flash. My fake serious face must be doing a good job.

"Hume maaf kardijiye bhabijaan. Hume aapse ese baat nehi karna chahiye tha." She said with all smile gone from her face.

(Please forgive me. I shouldn't have talked to you like that.)

Okay now I feel bad. I should stop doing whatever I am doing.

"Areh areh hum toh mazak kar rahe the. Aapne toh sach man liya. Hume bilkul bura nehi laga. Hum toh kehte hain esa mazak karte rahiye,humein ghar jesa lage ga."

( I was just joking. You took it seriously. I don't mind at all. You should play around with me more, it feels like home when you do.)

"Hum toh dar gaye the bhabijaan! Kya aap bhi. Chaliye ab humeinn sach me jana chahiye. Bhaijaan aate hi honge."

(I got so scared! You are too much. I should really go now, brother must be coming soon.)

My heart did a flip flop again hearing about him. Only god can save me now. Please no more miseries in my life.
I nodded my head at them. Before leaving they made me sit on the bed, all like a new bride with a large veil covering my head and face.

The hell? As soon as they left I got down the bed and threw away the veil. I have had enough of this veil. For this I can't see anything and keep tripping like a child who just learned to walk. And not to mention these heavy jewellery and lehenga. Maybe I should take some off my jewellery too.

I started getting walking towards the mirror. Now that both of the musketeers are gone it feels really empty and silent. The only noise that could be heard was my ankle bells and bangles echoing all around the chamber. As much as I love this sounds I also dislike it. They keep making sound all day! I can't even do one work without them making noise.