Chapter 8

𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘

Ouuu girl you look good. You dressing up for Delano" Nae teased gently pushing my shoulder with her arm.

"We're just friends" I rolled my eyes, mugging her.

"Mmmm ok if you say so" she smirked.

"There's nothing else going on" I side eyed her.

"Not yet" she commented.

I sighed shaking my head.

"Girl he is fine fine and so is AJ"

"You and AJ?" I paused putting my concealer on to look at her through the mirror.

"What? he's cool so far" she shrugged her shoulders.

"Don't you have a boyfriend already?"

"Who's AJ?" Kay barged into the bathroom with a glass of what I expected to be rum. Not surprised because she is a rum head.

"Girl we not even at the club yet" I eyed her rum.

"But it's always fun to go to clubs drunk beforehand." she told me.

"Ewe you really brought a drink in the bathroom." Nae scrunched up her face.

"So what girl it still taste fine to me" Kay took another sip to prove her point.

Nae scrunched up her face once more.

"My phone started ringing and Delano's name popped up on the screen.

"Ouu your husband calling" Kay teased, giggling her ass off.

"Soon to be baby daddy" Nae continued on.

"Ok y'all stop" I mugged them then proceeded to answer the phone.

"Y'all ready? we coming up right now."

"Shit is seven already" I looked up at the top right corner of my screen.  I've been doing my makeup for almost half an hour now and I haven't even decided what to wear yet.

"What y'all been doing all this time then" he chuckled.

"Getting ready" I said rhetorically

"I'll give y'all another fifteen then just meet us down in the lobby then."

"Alright"

"Ight cool" he said before the phone cut off.

"I finished my lips then packed up all my makeup.

"So what he said?" Nae asked me.

"That I need to find an outfit asap. They waiting down in the lobby. "

"Girl lucky I peeped through your closet a while ago and found something. Remind me to take you shopping one of these days." Kay spoke

"Thank you girl" I kissed her on the cheek before I ran out the bathroom.

____________

"Ouuu girlll" Kay's face lit up as I stepped out the elevator.

Everyone's eyes were on me jaw wide open including Delano but his neutral facial expression remained the same and his eyes trailed back to his phone.