Chapter 7

𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐎

"You know Ashely was our top star at Genesis. She made the club public so I don't see why we need to replace her. We just need to win her back" Nylah spoke.

All of this was bullshit talk

"She quit on her own what you want me to do? Chase her down? It's not hard to find girls like her out there."

"Yeah but most of them don't have that energy she possess."

So what I'm hearing is that you haven't found her replacement yet. It's been a couple of days Nylah" I heavily sighed taking a sip of my rum.

"You can't expect me to work miracles in a couple a days Genie I need time–" she was talking in my ear til I got an incoming call from AJ my lil brother.

"Hold on" I put her on hold to answer my brother call.

"Yo" I greeted him

"Brotha just got off the plane where you at?"

"It's 5pm already shit" I looked at the time on the top of my screen.

"Aye bro no way you forgot about me bro I reminded you like ten times before I left Houston this morning." he smacked his lips

" Yo relax I'm on my way right now" I told him.

"Aight man" he smacked his lips again.

"Cool" I hanged up the phone.

"Yo Nylah I'll talk to you later I'm heading out right now. One week should be enough."

"Genie you c–"

I hanged up the phone, got my keys and wallet and left the apartment.

•••

I picked up AJ and now we were heading back to the apartment now.

"I remember when you use to drive a Honda Civic. Now you move to a whole different city and own a club and a hellcat. You making moves for real brotha." AJ spoke admiring my car.

"God came through for real" I agreed.

"Mom says hi she's been asking a lot about you."

"Funny how people switch up" I chuckled shaking my head.

"She's sick Genie"

"Doesn't mean she can use that as leverage to get to me. I don't even know why you standing up for her she treated us like shit." I clenched my jaw.

That's the fucked up thing

"Forget it. So when you gonna show me the club?"

"Depends. I might touch down there later." I replied

"Cool"

"How long you staying here for?" I asked him

"I don't know. I just know I can't stay in Houston no more. Crazy how she allowing a man she met for two seconds to control her like that. Crazy"

"Who Bruce?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Nah a new one. Now she shutting me out like she did to you."