Chapter 44

So they had survived the sharks and they had survived the undead as Jack rigged the sinking boat to one of the sharks and crashed them onto land where the undead couldn't follow. And then Carina had nearly lost her mind when she saw them and ran into the woods screaming ghost before she ended up in a net. And Henry had cursed himself because he knew he couldn't leave her behind. And he tried to tell himself that it was because she was the map to the Trident, but something deep down in him said otherwise. And he buried that part even deeper. He had no time for that. He had to free his father.

And it was that thinking that had him going after Carina. And it was that thinking that had him and Jack also in a net. And it was that thinking that had them imprisoned in a place that made Henry gape.

"It's not possible," he muttered, not caring that his entire body was bound with rope and that Carina sat next to him dressed in an orange gown. A rather pretty gown that he chose to appreciate in silence.

"What?" she wondered as she stopped tugging at her ropes.

"I know these bones," he said as he marveled at the large ribcage that surrounded them. "I done heard stories of them, of the creature they used to be."

"What did it used to be?"

"The Kraken."

"We're sitting inside what used to be a Kraken?" Carina exclaimed in disgust despite how pretty it actually looked.

"Not a Kraken. The Kraken. The Kraken that was commanded and slain by Davy Jones, the first captain of the Flying Dutchman. It was the beast that killed Jack!" Henry said like an excited child, but that excitement faded as a sword was held to his neck.

"Enough talking!" a man snarled, and Henry simply spat at the man, uncaring about the sword at his neck. "Why ye little -"

"Cromwell!" another man screeched. "The be no bloodshed today. Especially that of the best man."

And Henry smirked as the man was forced to pull away, Carina extremely nervous. "What exactly is going on here?" she asked, and Henry raised a brow as he finally took in all the people sitting on either side of an aisle and a priest standing before them.

"I think it's a wedding."

"A wedding?! Whose wedding?!"

And Henry's eyes landed on another captive figure being dragged towards what was apparently the altar. "That would be Jack's."

"Wake up Sparrow! Wake up. Sparrow. Wake up!" the man called as Jack's eyes fluttered open and he came to. "It's time to pay your debt."

"Pig?" Jack said with a confused expression. "Pig Kelly? Me old mate."

"Mate?" snorted the bearded man with a bald head and black teeth. "You hear that, boys? This lyin' pirate owes me a plunder of silver and luck has brought him to Hangman's Bay where he can settle his debt here and now."

"Oh, and I will. I will, Pig. Name your price," Jack said.

"Her name is Beatrice...and she's my poor, widowed sister," Pig Kelly said as he pointed to a rather hideous beast-looking woman in a hideous white dress and Jack let out a whimper.

"What is that?" Jack asked nervously, a rope tied around his neck, preventing him from going anywhere.

"She's been looking for a respectable man. But you'll have to do."

"Louis, let's get on with it!" Beatrice insisted and Henry honestly found the situation quite amusing.

"No! Why? Why would we do that?" Jack pleaded.