Pale Roses / "split"

(unfinished,written march 2nd 2023)

This takes place right after the future.

Before reading, please put this playlist

{https://youtu.be/9MAp2UfCxAc}

in the back on loop, thanks

{Steven Universe POV}

An hour had passed, and I was still driving. It was night by now, but I arrived at the city I was planning on staying at, I sighed and stopped the truck and parked it in a nearby parking lot in a mall, and then got out of my truck and took my phone out of my pocket and looked at the time.

11:00 pm

It was late, but I still needed a place to stay at. I took out a backpack I brought with a few necessities in it. I put in on my back and continued to walk towards my house, i fainally got there. A nice, white house was infront of me.

I went inside, and locked the door behind me, I looked around abit intill I found my room and went inside there wasnt a bed yet since I havent unpacked my stuff yet, so i collapsed on the floor and closed my eyes and tried to sleep so i could unpack with more energy in the morning but it was too uncomfortable to sleep on the bare floor. I reached for my backpack but i rolled back and backed away once it started to move. Theres nothing in my backpack that could possibly move! After i composed myself i stood up and crouched down and slowly opened my backpack only for Bluebird to jump out. Somehow eyeball and Aquamarine had fused again and followed me. I groaned and got up and started to summon my shield when Bluebird suddenly pulled out a werid knife sword like glowly thing ive never seen before and before i could react all i could see was white light that slowly became dimmer, however I was in such huge pain that i could barley move but i got up and Bluebird was staring at the other side of the room.

I turned my head around and I was more shocked then Bluebirdwas, infront of both of us on the other side of the empty room we were in were both Rose Quartz and Pink Diamond.

But thats impossible, theyre the same person..right? I looked down at my gem and it only a third of it remained, Rose had one half, Pink had the other, and i had what was left.

"What a suprise" Bluebird chuckled unamused and then fled through the door

I was alone with my mom, or rather mothers now, i guess

"I thought you were the same person?" I tried to say to them,

"Same not gonna lie." Pink said half joking,

Rose sighed and looked at me

"Steven, are you okay?"