Ch.3.2 Birthday nightmare

Birthday nightmare
Ch.3.2

Theo's pov

It's March 3rd today and it's my birthday.

Though, it's been two weeks since I gained the courage to tell Ben everything. Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten the courage to tell Brooke...yeah, I know I will have to sooner rather than later but I just...I'm too scared to tell her.

I'm glad that Ben is supportive despite everything. Obviously, I haven't forgotten the heartwarming confession he made to me just 2 weeks ago. It was indeed emotional.

I still feel guilty about it. I can't believe all this time I talked about Nathan while he was probably suffering on the inside! Luckily our friendship isn't broken and he hasn't mentioned it since then. As selfish as it is I'm just glad he's sticking with me. Hopefully, he'll move on as he said he'd do.

Regardless, it's more difficult to tell Brooke because she has known me since Middle school. She too fell pregnant with the same guy that got me pregnant...Nathan. Through, she moved on long ago.

Argh, it hurts my heart every time I think about him. Well...I can't tell her...that I made the same mistakes as she did.

I know she'll stick around because she couldn't bear to lose me over that but still, I'm scared of telling her.

What if she doesn't act the same around me? What if she isn't as supportive as I wish her to be? What if she doesn't believe me or understand?

Yup, I've got another headache. My symptoms haven't gotten better yet. They only got worse honestly, especially the nausea.

I really should stop overthinking. Today is my birthday, right? My mom lets me invite my friends over for the evening even though there's school tomorrow.

It comes with a cost, she told me no sleepover.

Anyways, it's not like I want one, knowing my current predicament. I decided that they wouldn't come home directly after school but rather right before dinner. Apparently, my mom wants me to set up everything with her before they come.

I decided to invite Ben, Brooke, Pamela and well Kean, no Nathan...

I just finished setting up everything with my mom. Apparently, Tamara was supposed to be at her friend's house but my mom forced her to be here for my birthday. How nice...

The doorbell rings. Oh? Someone is already here. I walk to the entry door and open it.

"Hey"

"Hey, come in Ben." I'm glad that he's here first.

"Has anyone arrived yet?"

"No"

He enters and gets rid of his spring coat. It has started to become warmer lately and I'm grateful but at the same time, it is concerning for me. I won't be able to hide for long. Ugh, why would I have to start showing when it finally gets warm outside? Why didn't I make this mistake earlier or later?

Anyhow, for only the first few days of March, it's sure warm. Just one month ago we were hitting -10 degrees and now we're already hitting 5-6 degrees. Crazy right? I'm pretty sure this is warmer than usual considering where we live in.

"Let's go wait in my room."

"Ok"

Before we even have the time to head to my room, the doorbell rings again.

"Oh great someone else just arrived."

We walk back into the living room and I open the door.

"Hey.." She says shyly like she usually does. How cute.