September 2023 | »Once Upon a Lie« by @CressAndLeigh

It is very exciting to have CressAndLeigh with us to feature their book »Once Upon a Lie« as our book of the month! Underneath you can find the next interview where we talked about the authors and their story!

AUTHOR BIOS

CRESS
Holland Cress is a modern-day fairytale-creating author who loves to sprinkle in romance wherever she can in her creations. Because who doesn't love Love? When not writing, Cress can be found standing in a foot of sawdust grooming her horses, playing "chase" with her German Shepherd puppy, singing Punk-Rock with her bird, or lounging around with a book in hand and cold brew in the other.

LEIGH
Madi Leigh is a multi-genre writer who loves experimenting with blending multiple genres into a single body of work. When not writing, she's searching for liminal spaces while hiking with her three dogs, cheering on the Atlanta Braves during baseball season with her husband, or lurking around local bookstores with some form of caffeine in hand.

☾ ⋆・゚:⋆・゚

PREMISE

When best friends Claire and Jo wake up trapped in a fantasy romance novel, Claire thinks it's a dream come true while Jo knows it's her worst nightmare - especially after they are almost killed by a monster and end up on the wrong end of a handsome prince's sword. In order to pass through the mythical world of Larnwick, they must explain away their sudden and strange appearance by claiming to be royalty from another kingdom. Together, they must tackle the new fictional world they've found themselves in, which is currently in the throes of the Autumnal Festival, where tournaments and markets are held daily and elegant seasonal-themed balls are nightly. While Claire finally becomes the heroine of her own story, Jo might just become the villain when she makes a deal with the novel's antagonist to get back home.

☾ ⋆・゚:⋆・゚

TEASER

"Oh my God," Claire whispered. Even more chills stuttered through me, forming goosebumps over my skin. She straightened up, her eyes wide. "Jo, we're not in South Carolina -"