10 - Future Days

**[WARNING!]**

**[THIS STORY CONTAINS: ABUSE, SELF HARM, SUICIDAL THOUGHTS, AND GENERAL VIOLENCE]**

**[ THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS: IN, GORE ]**

[NOTE: I'm sorry]

___________________________________

{ Salt POV }

A lot of objects died that day.

Tissues, Goo, Soap, Lightbulb, Test Tube, Cheesy, MePhone, Balloon, Baseball, Box, Tea Kettle, Lifering, Suitcase, Cherries, Candle, Clover, Pickle, Paper...

They're all dead.

Some people call me lucky. Lucky that my best friend didn't perish. Lucky that my family was still alive. Lucky that I had someone to lean on. Lucky, lucky, lucky...

I didn't feel very lucky. That fire wasn't fun for me. It wasn't fun for any of us. Even now, there are still things I don't tell Pepper. I don't tell her how I was scared for my life in there. I don't tell her how I feel as if I instigated this. I don't tell her how close I was to the bomb when it went off. I was far from lucky. Me being alive is a miracle.

I sighed. Pepper noticed.

"You okay Salt?"

I looked to her, the bandages over my head shifting as I sat on the hospital bed. I didn't say anything. I just stared at her sadly. I didn't want to look sad. But I couldn't help it. She looked back at me, returning my gaze.

"Don't give me that look. Please don't give me that look..!" I breathe in tears. They drop onto my hands. I force back a small hiccup. "You're mad at me..! You're mad at me, I can tell!"

"Salt..." I feel her hand grace my cheek, her fingers wiping away my tears. "I'm not mad at you."

"You are! You are!! That's your mad face!"

"Salt, this is my worried face! I'm worried!" She tells me. I melt in her hand, and she begins to support it with both of her hands. "I almost lost my best friend! Of course I'm going to be worried!"

"I shouldn't be alive..!" I sob, covering my mouth.

"Salt, look at me. Look at me Salt."

My gaze turns up to her.

"You are just as worthy of living as everyone else that died, and everyone that lived. You are just as deserving, and I don't want you thinking you are otherwise."

I stared at her for long moment. I let out a small chuckle, a smile creasing my lips. "You always know what to say, Pepper."

"That's why I'm your best friend!" I laugh, and she gives me a playful punch to the shoulder.

"Ow..!"

"Oops, sorry!"

I giggle. "It's fine."

"Say, after this, why don't we both go out and get boba together?"

I smile. "I'd like that."

___________________________________

{ Trophy POV }

The idle beeping of the heart monitor entered my ears, waking me up from my coma. My eyes cracked open, met with nothing. I waited for my vision to come to, but it never happened. I touched where my eyes were. I could feel bandages over my eyes. I pulled them off, not exactly thinking. Yet, I was still met with nothing. I reached into my sockets. There was nothing there. I was a bit confused, then the reality of the situation hit me. I was blind.