6 - Curious Case

**[WARNING!]**

**[THIS STORY CONTAINS: ABUSE, SELF HARM, SUICIDAL THOUGHTS, AND GENERAL VIOLENCE]**

**[ Paperjay Suggestive ]**

___________________________________

{ Soap POV }

The five of us walk around for a bit. We talk to a few people, who don't seem to know much about the whole situation.

Knife sighs, coming from the art class.

"Anything?"

"Nope. Nothing that we don't already know."

Pickle groaned. "I didn't think this would take so long!"

Salt leaned against the wall. "Honestly, I should have been at the spa long ago." She sighs. "Pepper'll be so upset, I'll never hear the end of it."

"The next object we need to talk to is..." I flipped through our list of people. "Nickel."

We look around. Pickle spots him across the room with Baseball and Suitcase. "There!"

"I think it's Soap and Trophy's turn."

"Hey, who's next on the list after Nickel?"

"Uhm, Paper, I think?"

Pickle grins. "How about this? Me, Knife, and Salt'll go talk to Paper. Soap and Trophy can go over to Nickel!"

Salt rolls her eyes. "Let's just get this over with."

I watch as the previously mentioned trio head upstairs. I click my pen, looking up at Trophy, who gives an exasperated. "I can do the talking if you want."

I shake my head. "I can handle this."

We make our way over to Nickel. Suitcase is the first to notice our approach, slinking against the wall anxiously. Baseball looks over, which causes Nickel to turn around. "Was wonderin' when you'd come 'round here."

Trophy blinks. "You were expecting us?"

"I'm not an idiot. You've been running around investigating for more than an hour."

I laugh awkwardly, rubbing the back of my head. "Well, I'm assuming you know why we're here then?"

Nickel sighs. "Actually, no."

My golden companion rubs his temples in frustration. "Balloon. We wanna know what's up with Balloon."

"Ohhhh!" Nickel makes a shrugging motion. "Well, he's constantly sleeping, doesn't really move around all that much..."

I began writing everything down.

"...Barely eats, just kinda messing with his food. Oh, and there was mold growing on his side, too."

Trophy grows a concerned look, as do I. "Mold?"

Nickel nods. "Yeah. He didn't seem very bothered by it."

I exchanged a worried glance with Trophy. "Well, thanks anyways."

The silver coin nodded, turning back to his pals, as we walked away.

"Can balloons even grow mold?" Trophy scoffed.

I shuddered, cringing at the thought of it. "Anything with moisture can grow mold."

"Maybe we should go check on Balloon ourselves." He suggested. I considered it to be a good idea, agreeing with him. So, off we went.

___________________________________