Dreams

To be where you want to be, what are you willing to leave?

I've seen too much to limit myself to one single city, one simple outing could shift my thinking, switch my meaning, change.. everything.

I am ready to give myself an entire bakery.

Somewhere that I can have my cake, bake it and eat it too, because this sweet thang you can take from me.

No, I'm not obligated to share and though it's been a process I can't wait until your words are all less than a care I could give.

The past and everything left in it is what id place for the highest bid.

Though I'd be giving it away, its value is still heavy because of the things that occurred, building and making me.

Molding me.

Watering the smallest of seeds planted based on negativity and allowing the strength and irreplaceable energy within me to blossom and sprout new beginnings.

Not only will I give myself an entire bakery, I'll provide light when the sun dies down and my emotions begin to make my mind dazed with a crazed cloud.

I'll be the mist to cool down my sexual and intensified desires when the heat of the moment seems to be taking over my actions and testing my faith in the fight against my flesh.

and still even when I make a mistake, through any storm I'll still praise and bless the path I walk upon.

I've come to realize that theirs no set way for me to go about living.

Me and God have this particular understanding.

He knows more about me than I've ever seen, and he knows that with every rhyme in my expression through poetry that I'm praying he hears and believes that I'm trying.

and while learning me, I've left some things that weren't worth keeping.

Stringing me along.

Yearning.

Hurting.

As said none of it is worth keeping but still expensive enough in selling.

Still worthy enough of telling.

The past carrying my lessons and confessions on its back, hating the future because of everything that I'm going to then gain instead of lack.

Dropping the dead weight of pained memories off of me, I leave it all in the poetry, allowing for moments of a free mentality.

To acknowledge where you are, what is it that you must accept as just being yourself?

Regret is nothing I've ever felt for any longer than a second of self reflection.

I've accepted that my brain processes things differently, I've accepted that my emotions go out of wack, ranging off the charts by hurt feelings.

I've accepted that the only reason I haven't had sex is not because of celibacy but because of the insecurities that I have with my body.

Because of the people I was choosing to share me with weren't worth losing my virginity.

I've accepted that life is more than thinking, it's a matter of decision making and acting.

Forget faking it until you make it, asking along the way will save you countless of hours and time spent trying to figure it out due to a fear of shot prideful rejection.

To live a life, through the good and bad times what have you realized?

There is nothing I have to just settle for.

Your intelligence is not defined by a test score.

Your beauty is truly from what's on the inside.

You are worthy of whatever it is your dreaming.

and even on those days when your tears begin steaming, theirs still another moment in life where you will smile even if it takes a while.

I may not be where I want to be, but I am exactly where I'm supposed to be.

With every second and every passing minute, each one holds meaning.

Nothing in life is worth nothing.

and to be where I'd like to be, I would give everything but my dreams.

All can go, except the thing that I hold the most hope.

Without a dream you sleep with complete darkness...

Without a dream, you live without actually living.

You smile without actually smiling.

Think while knowing nothing.

You breathe without knowing how the breaths you take can change with proud feeling.

When seeing you're growing, healing and learning.

Flash sale with a warning.

You can take anything from me, at a cost or for free, but you cannot take the one thing that makes any life complete.

I'm keeping my dreams.

- LaDonna
8/21/2023