Chapter Four

'Please, Please, Please!' Kana begs while giving her brother the cutest puppy dog eyes. Something that she's been doing for the past hour as she was trying to get her brother to come with her. 'Come with me! Please Shun!'

Shun shakes his head again and sighs. 'No, you're giving me a headache' he says and puts a hand on his forehead irritated. 'Listen whatever you're going to do with Aqua is none of my Business.'

Kana opens her mouth to say something but Shun quickly interrupted. 'Why you may ask? Because I don't play in your series, okay?'

Kana looks down and starts fidgeting with her fingers. 'But I thought you liked the series' she mumbles with a frown. The classic fake sadness move, it always worked.

Shun upon seeing the sad face the girl made instantly panicked and started to wave his hands around. 'I do! I do!'

Kana narrows her eyes at him. 'Then why don't you want to hear about it?!'

'I have to read my script and stuff, you know?' He let out a nervous laugh. 'So I can't sorry'

_

____

_

Shun stares at the wall blankly, rethinking his life choices while sitting next to Aqua who was in the middle of him and Kana. The trio were in a Karaoke place named Karaoke Kan where Aqua and Kana planned to meet up and talk about the series.

It seems like Shun can't win against his sister and that's why he's here. While Aqua and Kana talked to each other, Shun sat there, doing nothing. 'The world is so cruel. I just wanted to lay in bed and watch my favorite movie'

Kana gasps 'Shut the hell up! She really said that?! She can drop dead!' She shouts angrily after hearing what came out of Aqua's mouth. Shun sits up straight, his attention on the blue wall going over to the two.

'Kana, easy' her brother scolds making the girl pout.

'I see you still have a foul mouth' Aqua says not surprised at all.

Kana ignores him while looking at her brother with puffed-out cheeks. 'I can't calm down when his sister is talking bad about my acting' she sneers making Shun sigh deeply before she returns to Aqua. 'This concerns my reputation, so listen here: There are hardly any high schoolers who can act as well as I can!'

Shun takes his drink from the table and starts to mess around with the straw out of boredom 'Then why'd it turn out how it did? The show I mean.' Aquamarine questioned without any malice making Kana's angry face fall.

The girl sighs. 'This TV drama is meant to target the female demographic that's into good-looking guys, so they're featuring a bunch of models they want to start promoting'

'Acting ability is a secondary concern'

'But if they went ahead with that, the show would be a bust' Shun clicked his tongue. 'It already is...'

'Which is why they cast me, someone known for her acting chops, as the female lead' she explains quietly.

Aqua nods, staring at the girl with curiosity and a bit fascinated. 'Considering that, your acting's not on point, is it?'

'Obviously she's holding back' Shun states with a silly grin while looking over Aqua at his sister. The girl huffs.  'She doesn't want to bully her co-workers too hard, right Kana?'

Kana deadpans. 'You're the one who told me to do it!' She says annoyed before making a face. 'I have every reason to bully them! I'm the only one in the cast who can act worth a damn!'

'Well not anymore, right?' Shun put his drink down as Kana stopped shouting. He smiles at the blond boy. 'I'm sure Aqua will make the cast slightly better'

Shun then shrugs 'And if you want another role, I can always get you in the movie I'll be acting in' he says and crosses his arms before relaxing on the couch. 'Believe me, everyone there loves me, I could fix you right in'

Kana stares at him for a second before she smiles. 'What's not to love? You always put your everything into your acting...' she then frowns. 'I'd like to do that too, you know. I mean who would enjoy going out of their way to act poorly?'

She takes a sip of her drink quietly. 'But, good acting and creating a good show are different things' she whispers while looking down at her drink thoughtfully. Shun frowns at his sister's slightly sad face. 'No doubt, right from the planning stages the seller's viewpoint has been overly prioritized'

'When the author of the source manga visited the set for the filming of episode one... her look of disappointment was hard to bear'

'But the actors and behind the scene staff gave their all because we wanted to create a good show for all the viewers and fans of the manga so far as we possibly could. And if I have to act badly for that then so be it' she made an determinated face.

'Even if that means diminishing your reputation as an actor?' Aqua asks intrigued.

'Well for an actor it's communication skills that are important, Aqua' Shun says in a matter of fact tone. Aqua's eyes widened slightly at the response while Shun shrugs.

Kana sighs. 'The old me flaunted her acting ability. It's true I was able to sell but I treated others like they didn't exist. Which is why job offers dried up in the blink of an eye once I was past my peak'

'There were kids who were better actors than me and well, nicer' the girl states blankly before pointing at her brother making the other's eyes widen. 'My brother for example. He did the opposite of me, he realized how important it was to communicate. So his offers didn't dry up'

Kana crossed her legs. 'I'm now an actor who's easy to work with, as I strive to contribute to the quality of a production without being bent on fetting my way'

'I also have a long-standing relationship with producer Kaburagi. I'm bearing that in mind with this project which is why he gave me the role'

'I see you finally learned how to cooperate' Aqua says with a small smile. 'I have a feeling your brother helped you with that'

Shun shakes his head. 'Well, maybe a bit. After a lot of time though...it sure took her long enough'

Kana chuckles smugly. 'Well I've grown up, you see?' Suddenly the girl's mood went up and she gave both males a dashing smile. 'Anyway, we film tomorrow, aren't you excited? I'm counting on you!'

The girl turns to her brother 'You'll come watch won't you, brother? Won't you?' Kana asks, her eyes shining bright with excitement, in Shun's eyes she shined as brightly as a star. The male chuckles in response.

'Sure, I'm free tomorrow' he says giving her the thumbs up, making the girl cheer quietly to herself. 'If Aqua doesn't mind, of course' he takes a look at the blond who stared him right back, he then shakes his head making Shun grin. 'Great, I wouldn't want to miss you acting for the first time in ages, right?' The black-haired male wraps his arm around the blond male's shoulder and gives him a playful wink.

Aqua shook his head before his eyes widened when Kana took one of his hands. 'By now you must understand how this works' She says with a certain passion that made Shun smile and Aqua speechless. 'So please...work with me to make a good show'

Shun chuckles at Kana's serious face before patting Aqua's shoulders and then removing his arm from the boy. 'You heard her, you better not disappoint me, mister'

-----------------------------------------------------

Ugh I hate how slow things are going... But hey next chapter they will interact a lot more I promise!

Thank you for reading!

If there are any spelling mistakes please say so.

Season 1 Episode 3 (2/3)

bye<3