five.

[trigger warning: talks about cillian's appearance during the movie/filming

[trigger warning: talks about cillian's appearance during the movie/filming. cuz tbh, i was like yikes lol...also, some shit happens between the two ;)]

time skip.

emma and cillian had not seen each other in a month, and he was getting a few days off before they went to film at princeton university in new jersey then they were pretty much done with the movie. and when she saw him get out of the car, she shuddered. he did not look like the man she had once seen. she opened the door, and looked at him cautiously. he was basically bones and little skin. he softly smiled, kissing her cheek before he stepped inside. his lips on her cheek even felt different. she shut the door, and turned around to cillian setting his carry on bag down. "what?" he questioned, exhaustion evident on his face. she swallowed unsure how to phrase her question. "you uh...you look differently." she said and he smirked, "you look different too." her hair was basically all blonde now and much longer than before. "i mean...you look sick." she said boldy and he nodded, placing a hand his waist. tiny one at that. "you look emancipated..." she said walking up to him to inspect him closer. taking in his sunken cheeks and cheekbones. she softly felt his cheek, him unmoving. "its just apart of the job..you know the deal." he said and she shook her head making eye contact. she found his composure and presence, triggering. she bit her tongue, trying not to respond too quickly. "that's the thing i don't understand why this industry is still doing in this day and age." she said shaking her head. she needed space, not physically able to be near him right now without vomiting. she licked her lips, before walking up the stairs to her bedroom. cillian watched as she did so, confused. what had just happened? she was really triggered by his appearance, he thought.

_

a few hours later, after emma had gotten off the phone with tom, she was all ready for the barbecue makeup date, that her mom was having. last time they were meant to go, but cillian got an unexpected call from chris and needed to see him and some of the cast for dinner. she shooed him off and spent the night alone in her pretty big and quiet home. she saw cillian sipping some black tea, that she had brought for him since she did not particularly care for tea. he looked good. he wore a white tee underneath a blue cardigan, with dark wash blue jeans and doc martens. stylish. she was wearing dark blue jeans, mules and a white button-up long-sleeve shirt. he smiled as she came into view, and they took in each other's appearance. "you excited?" she mused, walking behind him to get to the coffee machine. she popped in a decaf nespresso pod and turned on the machine. she heard him sigh, and peered curiously towards him from the fridge. "ye-yeah. im sure they're harmless." he teased and she giggled. "bella is a fierce one..she'll ask all the questions so be prepared." she smirked and he smiled deeply. one that reached his eyes. "also, you should be thankful i remembered to get some sort of tea..." she paused giggling. "because i am the furthest thing from a tea drinker. black tea makes me repulsed." she finished and he shook his head laughing. "alright. i know to never get you tea." he said cocking his head towards her. "uh uh, you'll end up on my bad side if you do." she said pointing towards him. he placed a hand on his chest, "good to know." he said almost sincerely. she smiled, turning her back towards him to make her coffee mug up with creamer. "we should head out." she said turning back around as he placed the mug in the sink. he nodded following her suit, through the mudroom to the back yard and driveway. "gorgeous backyard..." he said thinking of something to say but he disregarded it. "yeah, its been a labor of love, especially for my mom. she's been helping me and it was a place to be alone and just i don't know find some cathartic place to be. somewhere my dad had never been." emma answered honestly pulling out of the driveway. cillian watched as she turned her head back to look behind, as she did so. she clicked the button to close her garage and they were off.