two + insta.

alsooooo, this chapter is a lot! t/w:  panic attacks

cillian and emma were having a faceoff, this breakfast. the two had spent the night together, in separate suites. their agents were okay with it. but it was meant to look like they spent a weekend cooped up in a hotel in london, when in reality they had spent at most 5 hours together over a three-day span. it was as if, cillian wanted nothing to do with the girl. she was furious, and every time she tried to get him to open up a bit. zip. nada. nothing. something had changed between the time they first met, and now. even more so, they were not ready to talk about the previous two nights. wounds still fresh. (you'll find out soon) despite that, she was texting her agent who was texting his agent to figure out why he was acting like this. nothing came about. emma sat there sipping expresso, waiting for his response to "why did you do this if you're gonna be miserable?" she clicked her tongue, and stood up ready to leave. "i don't want to do this either cillian, but I'm trying to be bearable here. I'm trying to make this pleasant." she said opening the suite door, but not before pausing to look back.  "just fucking talk to me. that's literally all i ask." she pleaded, before slamming the door. cillian cringed as she walked over to her room, which was the third one on the floor. she sighed, opening and shutting hers. she shook her head grumbling, before getting back in bed. she put her phone on dnd and tried to get some more sleep.

-

cillian sat there, exhausted mentally and emotionally. his ex wife was being a real piece of work this past few weeks, begging for more money he knew she didn't really need. also, wanting less time for cillian to spend with their two children. and then last night, his personal life being brought up by charlotte- tom's wife was a lot to grapple with. he hadn't heard the other woman's name since 2021 when they filmed the last season of peaky blinders. he gulped down the rest of his now lukewarm tea and decided to get some fresh air. he fixed up his hair and clothes and looked at his reflection in the mirror. he looked worn. he looked pale, so unlively and so unlike himself. he cursed himself as phone call came from his agent. he picked it up, "y'ello." he said turning off the bathroom's light and walked into the living room which was a mess. half eaten food, a broken expresso cup from emma - which was by accident. "come on cill, you need to be more reasonable. i don't want her to buy out the contract which you know her family can afford. easily." cicily said warning him, and he rolled his eyes. "yeah yeah i get that miss Hollywood and her family can buy her out but did she really think i would be receptive to her..ramblings?" he said with almost an ounce of disgust. he hated how actors parade themselves around, flashing their money and privilege. he didn't get it, but he was just not apart of that world enough to understand. "yeah cill, were not gonna act like that are we? shes putting up her end of the deal, now do yours." cicily said and hung up without a beat. cillian sighed heavily and thought against going and trying to talk to emma. he headed to the elevator to take a walk down the street and get some fresh air and sun in. as he was passing through the lobby, tom hiddleston. tom nodded his head in acknowledgment without saying a word as they passed one another. popular hotel, cillian thought.