Chapter 42 - Two-faced

Oormila told, "It's just that Kaushal is also not yet married. As a mother I know how worried your parents would be, that's why I asked".  Kalindi's lips uplifted in a small smile, on understanding the target of her so-called mother-in-law.  Ruthira entered her chamber and then the other two departed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Abhyuday was getting ready for the court and Kalindi was helping him with his ornaments.  Seeing her hands wandering on his chest after fixing his clothes, he asked, "What happened to my wife? Suddenly so much love on your husband?".  Kalindi looked at him and said angrily, "Why? You never saw my love? Huh".  Abhyuday chuckled at her face and said, "I have seen but only at nights".  He said the last words in a seductive whisper near her ears, which got him a desired reaction from her.  Kalindi's breathing quickened at his intimate whisper and she bit her lips to control her breathing.

"I was just cherishing my husband's new look today with my choice of ornaments", Kalindi replied.  Abhyuday smiled at her and suddenly they were interrupted as a maid informed them, "Yuvraj and Yuvrani, Princess Ruthira is waiting for Yuvrani in her old chamber".  Kalindi nodded at the information and then Yuvraj went to the court but not before kissing his wife roughly.  Kalindi looked in the mirror at her blushing face and cleaned up her smudged lip paint and then went to her old chamber through the bathroom door.

Princess Ruthira stood up to greet her and then both settled down in their seats present in the hall.  Kalindi asked, "Is the accomodation upto your liking, Princess?".  Ruthira replied, "Yes Yuvrani.  There is nothing to complain about it".  Kalindi nodded and ordered the maids to bring snacks for them.  Ruthira said, "I wanted Princess Nitara also to join us but the Queen had stopped her saying, she has some other works regarding the preparation for engagement".  Kalindi nodded at her words and took her tea. 

Taking a sip of her tea, Ruthira continued, "I was not sure about meeting you here, since I didn't know if you have any other work.  I'm sorry if I had disturbed you, Yuvrani".  Kalindi replied, "It's no problem Princess Ruthira.  I usually attend the court but sometimes I assign my maid to narrate the happenings".  Ruthira smiled and said, "Infact, when I came here, I got to know that you don't reside here but in Yuvraj's chamber.  But then I got to know that Yuvraj doesn't allow any guests in his chamber.  So I waited here".

Kalindi didn't comment anything on that and just smiled at her.  Ruthira continued, "Yuvrani, can we go out and rest for sometime in the garden?".  Replying in positive, Kalindi went with her and also showed her own garden and explained details of some plants as and when required.  After an hour or so, they settled down on their seats under the shade.  And they heard some clinking sound which was coming from Shastrasala.  Ruthira asked whether they can go and watch the practice, to which Kalindi agreed and they went towards the shastrasala. 

Yuvraj was supervising the practice as the court was over.  Just then Rekha whispered in Kalindi's ear that it was time for her to take some juice.  So Kalindi asked Ruthira to return along with her but the Princess refused as she wanted to watch the practice session more.  So Kalindi left her there and went to her chamber for rest.  The day went on as usual and Yuvraj returned back to their chamber.   Kalindi talked about some court affairs regarding the zero custom duty for goods from Khamboj for the next few months as the King needs those items from there. 

Kalindi asked, "Yuvraj, I think this is not good for Rakshatra.  Importing is ok but zero duty is not something welcoming.  And this will attract more traders from Khamboj to sell their products here at lower prices and our indigenous products and traders will suffer loses".  Abhyuday sighed and replied, "I told the same to Maharaj but he seems to connect it with the personal relationship which is why he is reluctant to change his decision.  So let it be, anyways its for a few months only right".  Kalindi nodded at him and they slept quickly.