Lifting Govardhan hill

Once Nanda Baba and other village members are performing a yajna or yagya . Lord Krishna was to know what the preparations for going on for . So he was told by a villager that they were performing the yagya so that Lord Indra would be pleased and would bless them with ample of rain for there crops and bring good harvest . Krishna was a staunch believer in Karma ( Action ) he explained the villagers and his father that they didn't need to be worried about what wasn't in there control .He told him to do their karma .

His father and the villagers found point in his talk . And convinced with this and finally decided not to do the yagya Indra was furious at this . And he resolved to revenge . He wreaked havoc in the village by causing excessive rains , thunderstorms . The people were terrified and ran helter and skelter . They approached Nanda Baba and asked for help . Lord Krishna who knew everything advised his father to take all the cattle and everyone in the village . And asked him to go towards the Govardhan Parvat . Lord Krishna lifted the Govardhan Parvat effortlessly with His left hand . It was still raining heavily and it rained for 7 days . They were flabbergasted to see the Govardhan Parvat perfectly resting in hands of Lord Krishna.
They were also amazed to find that they were not hungry and thirsty .

Indra call back his clouds . His pride was shattered into pieces. Indra realised his folly and went to Lord Krishna and asked for forgiveness . Lord Krishna , The all Merciful one , forgave him also . And made him realise his dharma .