Happiness? - Queen + Adam Lambert (platonic)

And now for Roger's birthday.. 

---------------------------------------------

2017

"Thanks for inviting me over, Brian," Adam Lambert was saying as he carefully frosted and decorated a cake—not  overcooked this time.

"No worries, we love having you, y'know. You're fun to be around." Brian smiled with his eyes. He truly did appreciate having Adam in their lives.

"Plus, I know Rog was going to come over anyway; he often likes to." The guitarist added.

Adam agreed, "especially on his birthday when it's not during a tour." 

-

Brian softly hummed a tune to himself as he helped make everything look nice. 

"Oh, he'll love  it," Anita said as she walked by and gave her husband a kiss.

"Yeah.." He kissed back, very happily.

There was already a bottle of champagne for the occasion sitting out, and a few candles lit to make a nice mood.

-

"Knock knock," called the drummer as he knocked on the door with his fist. 

"Ah! He's here already!" Brian half-whispered—a bit unprepared, he felt.

"That's ok! We have everything set up, right?" Anita asked reassuringly.

"We do! I'll just put the candles on the cake." Adam hurried over to do the said task.

"You're right." Brian went over and opened the door, inviting his best friend in the house.

-

"Hello, Bri! How are you?" Roger gave him a hug.

"Okay, thanks. Glad you could celebrate with me and Anita." 

"Yes, I've been looking forward to.."

"Surprise! I'm here, too!" Adam shouted as he jumped up from behind a counter that he'd been hiding next to. Nobody actually realised he was hiding, so they all were a bit startled.

"Oh, Adam! That's great!" Roger was genuinely surprised. "Did you come all the way to Brian's house just for today?" 

"Sort of. I was in England already because I was here for touring and interviews anyway." 

--

"Would anybody like to play a game?" Anita smiled as she looked at the options.

"I would, that sounds cool." Adam smiled in return.

"Sure, what shall we play?" The birthday boy questioned.

"How about a nice game of Scrabble." Brian laughed slightly. It wasn't really a question.

Roger rolled his eyes but said he'd play, and the other two joined in.

-

"There, I've put 'monkey'. Your turn, Roger." Adam looked patiently over the board.

"'I, n, g'. Nineteen points." 

"Monkeying isn't a word, is it?" Adam thought about it.

"It is. Good one. My turn, I suppose.." Brian carefully placed his letters to spell 'graduate', getting thirty points because it was on several special tiles.

"Ahh, I knew that would happen." Roger sighed dramatically, but he was really having fun. 

After some more rather intense but enjoyable scrabble, the game ended in an hour and they all decided to have some cake.

--

Anita, Brian and Adam sang Happy Birthday, and Roger blew out the candles in one go. 

"Do you ever wish on birthday candles still?" Anita wondered.

"Sometimes. But of course, I can't tell you, or it might not come true." Roger grinned.

Brian hummed and folded his arms, feeling happy for his friend being happy.

------------------------------------------------

Word count: 480