Chapter 15: Not A Family Reunion

Syngorn.

The city of elves.

Sat in the Fey Realm going about their day like it was any other. But in the allies of the city, the party of Vox Machina stays out of the public's eye.

"First off, your hometown is... Wow." Keyleth chuckles, in awe of the city. "But how can a city just teleport to the Fey Realm?" she asks and Vex looks over her shoulder.

"In times of danger, the nobility have arcane means of... moving it. It's rarely seen," she informs her, Kyria blinks for a moment, looking at the twins, realizing they never spoke of their old home. And maybe with good reason.

They both peek from the corner for a moment, Keyleth ad Percy joins them as did Kyria.

But Garmelie just marches forward. "Right this way..." he said aloud. "Garmelie!" Kyria whispers as Vax grips the back of Scuff and pulls him back.

Two guards pass by, one of them yawning as it was a long day for them. The party just watches as the guards pass by. Garmelie just giggles as he was having the time of his life.

"Are you trying to get us caught?" Kyria snaps as her tail flicks wildly, "You lead us here for your amusement, didn't you?" Percy questions the Satyr.

"Oh, of course not," Garmelie answers, but Kyria frowns, crossing her arms. "Going around would have meant pixie territory, and you do not want to tango with pixies. No, straight through is the fastest way to the Shademurk," he warns them.

Dropping from Vax's grip and ran off, "Come, Come." he tells them, and they followed.

Sticking close to the shadows, the twins peek out at the guards that were posted. "Certainly are a lot of guards," Vex spoke up. Vax sighs "More than I remember." he agrees with her.

"We're almost through." Vex spoke as they try to walk past them, "Just a few more blocks and we're..." she informs. But was cut short as a spare was shoved in her face.

They were surrounded by guards in a matter of seconds. "...fucked." she mutters as they held up their hands. "Outsiders. State your names and purpose." a guard orders them.

"Lower your weapons." Vex orders as she points one of the spears down. "We seek an audience with Ambassador Vassar," he informs him.

This catches the guards by surprise as they exchanged looks. Sighing in irritation and crossing his arms, "We're his children."

~8~8~8~

Standing in a manor that overlooks a lake, Vox Machina waited in a foyer as Percy looks at the craft work of the shelves "Real Vermaloc wood. Your father has gold standard taste." he spoke as Vex over to him.

"Always did. Except when it came to us." Vex spoke up. Kyria's ear twitch, hearing her words then looks from the corner of her eye. "What do you mean?" Percy asks her.

Vex hesitated for a moment, then turns her gaze to him, "Be honest. Do I look like I come from nobility?" she asks, flicking her eyes away. "It's easy to act noble. Just be a bit of a shit and wear what everyone else is wearing. I've known many people with money and titles, and definitely not worth you." he answers.

Vex just smiles at him as Kyria smiles, knowing Percy's words to be true. Then a noble lady walks down the steps and turns to them. "Devana," Vax spoke as he approaches her.

The others join him as Devana was looking for the words "We weren't expecting you." she informs the party before her. Continuing to find her words. "Um, your father will be down shortly. And somewhere around here, is, uh..." she informs them looking at the door behind her.