chapter sven.

chapter sven. The Ice Breaker.

third person POV

-- --

"Welcome, everyone," Anton greeted the crowd as the icebreaker had officially begun. "Hello?" Anton spoke into the microphone, testing it out. "Is this on? Hello?"

"Sir, it's on," Astrid whispered from the side of the stage as she made sure the microphone was turned on before handing it over to him.

"The Hammarström Foundation is the charity I started for the injured pros," Anton announced before turning towards Astrid, "start taking pictures." Astrid nodded her head and whipped out her camera, making sure to move around the stage to get the best angles from Mr. Hammarström. "So please dig deep... We don't need music, now mingle."

"This man is going to kill me," Astrid chuckled as she set down her camera on the bar table as she smiled at Sky and her mother.

"You're telling me," Sky's mother sighed, shaking her head softly before walking off to help customers at the end of the counter.

"Sven," Carson greeted as he came over to the bar, wrapping his arm around the girl's shoulders while he held a sour patch straw in the other hand. "Sky, what are the blue ones like?"

"Raspberry? Sven and I's favourite."

"I'll take two," Carson ordered as he glanced over at Astrid with a small smile. Sky nodded her head and began to make two blue slushies as Kayla's voice boomed over the speakers.

"Is this a party or what?" Kayla pressed a button on the sound system to trigger music and flashing lights across the ice sheet. Sky came back with the two drinks and handed then to Carson, who in exchange handed one of the cups to Astrid.

"This is not a party!" Anton yelled as he leaned over the balcony to yell at Kayla.

"Oy, um, thank you for the drink," Astrid smiled warmly at the kind gestured from the Orca player. Mac let out a soundless sigh from behind the pair as he watched them with disgust.

"Sorry, Mr. Hammarström. To break the ice, sometimes you've gotta break the rules," Kayla responded back over the microphone. Kids began entering the ice rink, skating around and hanging out with one another.

"I have to show Mac something but I'll see you later?" Astrid questioned the boy as she took a sip from her drink.

"Yeah, definitely," Carson smirked at her before walking back towards his teammates.

"Boo!" Astrid whispered yelled into Mac's ear as she approached him and noticed him staring intensely at his small notebook where he secretly wrote the game plan down in. Mac jolted up in his seat, slamming his book closed as his heart rate skyrocketed through the roof.

"Not cool," Mac shook his head while a laughing Astrid took the empty chair next to him.

"Oh come on, I can't have both the MacBentley siblings mad at me," Astrid complained as she slightly winced at Mac's tone.

"Kay mad at you?"

"Yeah, it's nothing though," Astrid shook her hand, "we'll get over it soon." Mac opened his mouth to reply back, but Astrid continued on with the conversation, "so I have something to show you but first..."

"Yes?" Mac trailed off, wanting to know more.

"Is that the game plan for tomorrow?"

"Maybe," Mac spoke in a low tone, checking his surroundings for anyone nearby.

"You better hide that real good, isn't Carson spending the night with you?"

"Don't remind me," Mac groaned, cringing at the sound of his name coming from his friend's lips.