19

Liam Green-

" I'm a werewolf! " I blurted out, interrupting my mate.

That wasn't exactly smooth Elias laughed

Shut up, Elias I growled

He stood still, staring at me with narrowed eyes.

" What? ...Are you mentally stable? " He glared, looking me up and down.

" Yes " I deadpanned

" Then are you crazy? " He scoffed

" No. I'm not crazy, Finely " I sighed
" I'm a werewolf " I state quietly

He squinted as he stood in front of me with his left hand gripping onto the door, eventually pressing his lips together in a thin line and clenching his jaw, a look of anger coming across his face.

" Finely! Who's at the door? " I heard a feminine voice yell from behind him, her accent thick as she spoke.

Finely flinched at the loud voice- the look of panic replacing the look of anger.

" No one, Mama! " He yelled back, turning his head and looking for whoever the voice came from. " He's leaving " He spoke loudly, turning back to me after he heard a faint 'Alright' and retreating footsteps

" ...I knew you were weird but I didn't think you were batshit crazy " He rolled his eyes, getting ready to shut the door in my face.

" I can prove it! " I blurted out before he could shut the door in my face.

My plan for him to follow me wasn't the best. It wasn't even good. It sucked.

But it was this, or loose him forever.

And I wasn't ready for that.

Not without knowing I tried to make it work between us.

" ...Are you on drugs? " He took a breath before he spoke.

" What? " I crinkled my nose " No " I spoke flatly as I shook my head.

" ...Are you sure? " He raised a brow, looking me up and down " You look like you just crawled out of hell " He commented

" Just- Just let me prove that I'm not lying " I sighed, deciding to forget his accusation.
" ok? "

" How are you going to prove you can turn into a hairy beast? " He blinked.

" ...I'll show you- just- follow me " I breathed out- pointing over my shoulder with my thumb- trying to ignore the fact that my heart was beating a thousand times a minute.
" Please " I begged

" Why would I follow you? I don't like you " He glared as he insulted me with disgust lacing his tone.

" Will you please stop acting like an asshole and follow me? " I huff before realizing I just insulted him. My god- I'm so bad at this mate thing " ... I'm sorry- I didn't- "

" Where would you like me to follow you too? " He interrupted me- rolling his eyes as he spoke with annoyance lacing his voice.

" ...My house " I stated, looking at him as a smile started to form on my face.

" ...Why are you looking at me like that? " He crinkled his nose, staring at me with disgust clear in his eyes.

" like what? " I cocked my head to the side as my smile grew.

" Never-mind " He huffed, turning away from me. " Mama " He called out, taking a step back and looking to his right. " I'll be back later, ok? "

He let out a breath of exhaustion after a faint 'ok' came from behind him- turning back to me with his lips pressed tightly together.

He stared at me for another minute or two, no words escaping his lips before taking a few steps backwards and bending down to grab a pair of shoes.

He huffed as he sat down on the floor, pulling on his sneakers and tying the shoelaces.

I stared down at the male, watching as he tied his worn shoelaces into knots.

A smile remained plastered on my face as memories of him cursing at his shoes in the cabin suddenly filled my head.

When he stood from his spot on the floor, he looked directly into my eyes as he reached to the side, grabbing his coat and pulling it on.

" Come on " I smiled as he walked out of the house, closing the door quietly and slowly, like he was unsure whether or not to follow me.

" Yea Yea- I'm coming " He sighed.

" Don't sound so sad, Finely " I turned my head to look at my mate " You'll learn to like hanging out with me " I smiled before turning my gaze away from him, walking towards the car and opening the door to the drivers side.

" I don't sound sad " He huffed, opening the door to the passengers side. " and I definitely don't want to hang out with you "

" Well I want to hang out with you " I shrug, smiling softly.

" ...If you're doing this so you can laugh at the freak for being gullible- don't even bother- because I don't believe for a second that you actually want to 'hang out' " He glared, putting 'hang out' in air quotes " So I wouldn't bother taking me to your cabin if I was- "

" We're not going to the cabin- we're going to where I actually live- The cabin is just a vacation spot... and you're not a freak and I'm definitely not trying to laugh at you " I rambled, crinkling my nose as I spoke.

" Then why the fuck are you doing all this for " He groaned, throwing his arms up.

" ... werewolves have mates... someone who was made especially for them. Their other half. " I bit my lip hard enough so that I could taste the blood entering my mouth " ... You're mine "

" What does that even mean " He rolled his eyes.

" It means that we belong together "

" ...You know- that pick up line sucks " He scoffed

" It's not a pick up line " I state. " It's the truth, Finely, and as soon as we get to my house- I'll prove that I'm not crazy... that I'm not lying " I sigh, dropping myself onto the seat and closing the door, praying to god that he'll trust me and get in.

" ...Fine " He huffed, dropping himself onto the seat before he slammed the door shut " Prove to me that you're not crazy " He crossed his arms, looking straight ahead.

" I can do that "