Chapter 12: The Truth

It had been a few days since the incident with the dragon hunters and Riptide's tail was now fully healed. And while the others were out doing other things, Summer and Leyla were alone together at the roost. They were currently in the sleep cave, Leyla curled into Summer's side and one of Summer's wings was draped over her.

It was silent for quite awhile as the two girls just sat in silence, watching the crackling flames of the fireplace and just enjoying each other's company.

"Um, hey, Leyla?" Summer spoke up, getting her attention. "I know that we've kissed before when you're Riptide, but do you think we could kiss when you're Leyla?" The Fastfin asked with a sheepish smile forming on her face.

She smiled brightly and nodded her head. "Of course! I'd be happy too, Sum." Leyla said as she walked up to her and they kissed, which was a lot different then when they were both dragons.

For one thing, Summer's mouth was bigger than Leyla's so when they kissed, her entire head was covered but it was still enjoyable, and they had a make out session that went a bit too long.

"What the heck is going on in here?" Dak almost shrieked as the others arrived back to the Roost and saw the two girls having a make out session in the sleep cave.

"Oh no!" Aggro muttered under her breath as she quickly jumped into a nearby barrel of water and cloaked herself. "We're doomed for sure!"

"Wait, so they were actually kissing?" Burple asked, still trying to process what had just happened. "But Leyla's a human and Summer's a dragon!" He spluttered in a mix of shock and horror.

It was silent for a few moments before Winger spoke up in an attempt to break the tension in the air.

"I've always had a feeling that they liked each other," Winger said with a soft sigh. "Ever since Summer saved Leyla when they met, they have been really close. But now...now really isn't the best time for the others to figure out what's going on." Winger paused to take a deep breath before he continued to speak. "And besides, Summer and Riptide are the ones who are dating. Well, at least she's not here to see Summer cheating on her." He added shortly afterwards with a heavy sigh and a disapproving look on his face.

"What should we do?" Burple asked, sounding a bit unsure about what they should do. "Do we just go in there and start asking them questions?"

Dak nodded his head in agreement. "Yeah, I like that idea! Let's do it!" But just as Dak was about to pull open the door, Winger stopped him before he could even move a muscle.

"Woah there, hold on a minute," Winger said with a quick glance at his adopted brother. "We can't just barge in there like that!"

"Huh? But why not, Wing?" Cutter asked him curiously. "I say we just go in!"

"Well then let's go in there and see what exactly is going on!" Dak exclaimed, jumping off of Winger's saddle and running toward the entrance of the sleep cave.

"It's not what it looks like!" Summer said while she and Leyla blushed. But before she could come up with an excuse, she was interrupted by Winger, who was staring at her with a disappointed look on his face.

"I don't want to hear it, Summer." Winger growled, his eyes narrowing into slits as he glared directly at the dragon they found kissing his adopted sister.

"Maybe they're all dating," Cutter said before smirking. "Does that mean you and Riptide have a threesome by using Leyla as a two way toy?"

While he tried to cut the tension and get them to laugh, his attempt failed but did get both Leyla and Summer to blush deeply thinking about Leyla being in Summer's private place, causing the others to think it was true, despite the fact they haven't gone that far yet.

"Alright Summer, what exactly are your intentions for my sister?" Dak asked, deciding to question Riptide later, but getting some information about her now. "And where exactly does Riptide fall into this? And it better not be just a toy."

Suddenly they all felt a chill run down their spines and turned to face Leyla, who was shooting a death-glare at Dak.

"Dak, do you remember what I told you would happen if you questioned someone I was dating this way?" Leyla asked in a sweet voice that for some reason caused all the dragons, even Winger who was about to join in but luckily for him did not yet, to shiver for some reason scared of her.

"You said if I ever do that to someone you date you will have Riptide carry me in her mouth headfirst high above the sea and have her waterblast me as far away as she can," Dak said with a deadpan look on his face. "But Riptide is not here and I need to make sure they are not just using you as a toy."

"Alright! That does it!" Leyla growled as they watched her with fearful eyes. "Metamorphose!"

"What in the name of Nóttu is going on?" The others all yelled except for Summer and Aggro as she turned into Riptide.

"I warned you, Dak." Riptide growled lowly before lunging forward and trapping the top half of Dak's body in her mouth as she wrinkled her nose in disgust. "Ugh, yuck! He tastes nasty!"

With that she flew out of the Roost and into the air, heading in the direction of the ocean.

"You may want to go catch him!" Aggro said, getting out of the barrel and causing Winger to rush after them and then after Dak when he saw Riptide waterblast him away.

She then returned to the Roost and washed out her mouth until they returned and then explained what had happened to give her the ability to change form, with Summer and Aggro helping her with some of the details.