GOD SHIVA 🕉️

Many believe that God Shiva is a Sayambhu - which means He is not born from a human body

Many believe that God Shiva is a Sayambhu - which means He is not born from a human body. He was created automatically! He was there when there was nothing and He will remain even after everything is destructed. That is why; he is also loving called as the 'Adi-Dev' which means the 'Oldest God of the Hindu mythology.

However, stories also suggest that this mighty Lord was created thanks to an argument between Lord Brahma and Lord Vishnu. Apparently, both these Lords were arguing with one another as to who was more superior. Suddenly, out of nowhere a blazing pillar appeared. The top and the root of the pillar was invisible and both the Gods heard an oracle which asked them to compete with one another. They both had to find the start and end of the blazing pillar.

To find this answer, Lord Brahma immediately transformed Himself into a goose and flew upwards to find the pillar top. Simultaneously, Lord Vishnu converted Himself into a boar and dug deep into the earth to find the end of the pillar. Both tried tirelessly but couldn't locate the top or the end. When they both gave up, they found God Shiva waiting for them. This made them realize that there is another ultimate power that is ruling this universe and that is God Shiva! The eternity of the pillar actually symbolizes the never-ending eternity of God Shiva.

According to Hindu beliefs, Mount Kailash is the abode of Lord Shiva. Mount Kailash is considered sacred in Hinduism.

Shiva's vehicle Nandi bull

Nandi is the name of one of Shiva's ganas.  Nandi was the creator of the ancient book Kamshastra, Dharmashastra, Arthashastra and Moksha Shastra.

As Kamdhenu is the best among the cows, similarly Nandi is the best among the bulls.  Generally silent, the character of the bull has been described as excellent and dedicated.  Apart from this, he is also a symbol of strength and power.  The bull is also considered to be a creature that is beyond illusion and materialistic desires.  When this simple creature gets angry, it fights even with a lion.  These are all the reasons due to which Lord Shiva made the bull his vehicle.  The character of Shivji is also considered to be similar to that of a bull.