The two friends.

Jason and Ethan had been best friends since they were little kids. They grew up together, went to the same schools and even ended up working at the same company. But things changed when Jason started getting involved with the wrong crowd.

Jason had always been a bit of a troublemaker, but Ethan had always been there to keep him in check. However, when Jason started hanging out with a group of drug dealers, things got out of hand.

One day, Ethan received a call from the police. They told him that Jason had been arrested for drug trafficking and that they needed his help to catch the other members of the group.

Ethan was shocked. He couldn't believe that his best friend had been involved in something like this. But he knew that he had to do the right thing and help the police.

Over the next few weeks, Ethan worked with the police to gather evidence against the drug dealers. He wore a wire and attended meetings with Jason's old friends. He even risked his life by going undercover and pretending to be a drug dealer himself.

Finally, they had enough evidence to make arrests. The police raided several locations, including Jason's apartment and arrested everyone involved in the drug ring.

Jason was sentenced to several years in prison, but Ethan couldn't help but feel guilty. He had never wanted to betray his best friend, but he knew that this was the only way that he should act at this time. He visited Jason in prison, hoping to make amends, but Jason refused to see him.

Years went by and Ethan thought that he had lost his best friend forever. But one day, he received a letter from Jason. In the letter, Jason apologized for what he had done and thanked Ethan for helping the police.

He wrote, "I know that what i did was wrong and i'm paying for it now. But I want you to know that I'm proud of you for doing the right thing. It was just my ego that couldn't let me, see that earlier. You're a true friend and I hope that we can put this behind us and be friends again someday."

Ethan was moved by Jason's words and he knew that he had done the right thing. Justice had been served and he had helped his friend in the only way he could.