XXVIII. Sea Cucumber

TODAY I REALIZED THAT CLARA'S coming home rather late from work these days

Isaac, who has evening training, usually stays out late, but Clara came after eating dinner outside today for some reason.

"I'm grateful that His Highness has returned, and that he gave me such a precious gift."

"Yes, Sister. I gave him the hand cream that you made before."

"Really? Good job. I was going to make something new soon, but that's a relief."

My sister smelled like something she'd never smelled like before. It smelled like cheap men's perfume, which didn't match the Valentine family.

"Who did you meet today?"

"Someone from the Pharmacists' Association."

"It seems like you have been seeing each other every day these days. Did you have dinner with him?"

"Yeah, it just happened. I'm supposed to meet him again tomorrow."

Somehow, Clara's reaction was unusual.

She said it was just someone from the association, so I was just going to let it go but for some reason, she seemed excited.

I don't think I should let this go.

"Louis won't be here and I don't want to be home alone. Can I come with you tomorrow?"

Mother is coming back tomorrow. If it doesn't work out, I'll have to tell Theo to follow her.

Fortunately, that's not necessary. Clara pondered for a moment and willingly accepted my request.

"I'd love to. I can show off my handsome Ciel."

"I like you the most in the world!"

"I like Ciel the most, too."

Still, it would be nice if at least once in a while, she said that she doesn't like the coercion I'm using. My sister always agrees to everything I ask.

Since it's been a while, I decided to sleep with her tonight.

"Clara, I envy you."

Isaac, who is busy with the Templar Knights, has been spending less time at home these days.

"Cheer up, Brother."

As I stroked his hair, he laughed happily. No matter how you look at it, Isaac and I resemble each other like looking into a mirror.

I couldn't stop smiling at my brother, who was so pretty that I thought he could pass for a woman if he wore a long wig.

"Isaac, I need to talk to you."

Theo dragged Isaac away, saying he needed to talk to him about something. It was only after it was quiet that I hugged my pillow and lay on my sister's arm as if I were a child.