XVII(II). Let's Pretend

WHAT MY FATHER SAID WAS MEANT to put pressure on her, but my sister, who didn't realize it was sarcastic, started working hard as my shield

"Our Ciel is a good boy. Ciel, hitting someone else, that's ridiculous!"

No, it's not. I'm really good at fighting. I used to fight with Louis whenever my sister didn't see me but thanks to her, I became a good boy who couldn't kill a bug.

"Lady Clara is right. The mark on the Young Master's cheek, it's because he tried to protect me. I'm sorry, Duke Valentine."

When Clara set the atmosphere, Alex didn't miss this opportunity and told the truth.

My sister's point of view was rather helpful. Alex would have been in an unfavorable situation if he had blamed Princess Lotte from the beginning, but when Clara spoke first, he had a reason to open his mouth.

Did they say it was like catching a mouse while walking backward when they saw this?

Anyways, nice shot. It's my turn to step up now that the two have laid the floor.

"The Prince is not bad. He was trying to protect me."

Though I was confident without feeling intimidated, I wiped my tears with a sad face.

Even I, who always has been acting innocent and sunny, never imagined that there would come a day where I looked like this.

With such a pathetic appearance, the opinion of those who watched naturally turned against the woman. Clara hugged me in tears and silently looked towards the Empress.

After hearing the whole story, my dad knelt down to wipe away the tears in my eyes.

"Ciel, you were scared, weren't you?"

I nodded. Having a dad is such a reassuring thing. As an orphan in my previous life, my father's existence was amazing and trustworthy.

He soothed me, got up, and questioned the Princess.

"Your Grace, I'd like to ask you again. Who's responsible for this wound on my son's cheek?"

My dad, who used the word "responsible," looked really pissed off.

In principle, a Duke is under the Emperor, but my father is the Lord and archmage of Valentine, one of the most powerful men in the Empire.

In other words, if my dad is determined and tries to overturn it, then not only the vassals under Valentine's orders but also the wizard community, which my father was in, can turn their back against the Emperor.

If you're an adult and make a terrible mistake that leaves no room for any kind of defense, you should be aware of it. I'm still a child and an innocent victim.

I smirked, HAHAHAHAHAHA I deserve an award! I'm a great actor–Ahem.

Furthermore, the Princess attempted to falsely blame the Prince. It is a difficult situation, indeed.