moving in.

House keys fall onto the floor.
"My apologies!" The retailer laughed as she bent down to grab the fallen keys.
"No worries." Robin laughed as he waited for the woman to get back up. She stands back up and plops the keys into robins hand.
"Are you sure you want to move in? You know what happ-"
"I don't really know the details, but I don't really want to know. Yes I'm sure." Robin said, interrupting her.
"Alright then. All of the boxes should already be here. Enjoy your new apartment." She said as she walked out, closing the door behind her. Robin looked around his new apartment, taking it all in. He walked to his kitchen and grabbed a box, starting to unload the dishes and utensils. He puts the knives in the wooden box thing his mother bought for him. As he throws the box he hears a noise in the distance. Thinking nothing of it, he grabbed another box. While he was putting pots and pans away he heard another noise, a footstep on the wood floor. After a few seconds he looked up at where the noise came from, the hallway.
"Hello? Who's there?" Robin said worryingly.
Silence.
He grabbed a knife and his house phone with 9-1-1 on dial, not hitting call.
"This is the most stupidest thing to do.." he whispered to himself as he slowly started walking towards the hallway, pausing once he heard the footsteps continue. He backed up and suddenly, a male figure began walking out the hallway, yawning.
"Who the fuck are you?!" Robin said as he tightened his grip on the knife.
The male yawned once again,
"Jeez, I never thought she was gonna leave." He said as he looked around. Robin looked at him with a terrified yet confused face. The male was more bigger then him, causing him to take a few more steps back.
"I see you're the one who chose the apartment, surprise for me I guess.." The male laughed a bit.
"Get the hell out of my house, or else!" Robin said as he lifted the knife.
"This is my apartment, why would I leave?" He said as he tilted his head.
"N-No it's not! I just bought this apartment, seriously leave or else I will call the police!" Robin shouted.
"That knife is bigger then your face." The male giggled as he began walking to the door. Robin watched his every move. He walked out the door and Robin let out a sigh of relief. He turned around to see the male in his kitchen, sitting on the counter. Robin yelped, causing the male to laugh once again.
"How the hell did you get back in?" Robin shouted once again.
"I can't leave the apartment." The male shrugged.
A few seconds of silence filled up robins apartment.
"Why don't I introduce myself, I'm Cody." Cody said holding his hand out for a shake.

Robin was unsure, but still shook his hand slowly.
"Im.. Robin..?" he said in a quiet voice.

"Well then, Hello robin. You should look me up if my names not familiar." Cody suggested while pointing at robins phone. Robin pulled out his phone and typed in his apartment with the name "Cody" beside it. His phone took awhile to load but afterwards, he realized there was a boy who was murdered in this apartment by the name of Cody. Robin looked up at Cody and back at his phone, clicking on images and seeing the male standing in front of him on his phone.

"This is a joke right? I dont believe in ghosts. Did Aubree send you to trick me?" Robin asked with a serious tone. Cody rolled his eyes and put his hand out, asking for the knife. Robin handed him the knife and Cody stabbed his hand with no reaction. Robin flinched as he pulled the knife out of his hand. He showed his hand to robin and it had no blood, no cut, not even a scratch.

"Cant we do like.. a ritual to get rid of you or som-"

"Everyone's already tried, I'm not that stupid robin." Cody interrupted in a pissed off tone.

"Jeez.. Sorry.." Robin said as he walked back into the kitchen,

"Can you grab me that last kitchen box?"

Cody stared at him with an annoyed expression and grabbed the box, placing it besides him. Robin realized the perks of having someone else help him out with stuff while moving in and in the future.

"Sooo.. you were murdered?" Robin asked while putting the last of the kitchen stuff away and standing up.

"Yes, I was." Cody said as he watched robin stand up and move to the living room, following him and sitting on the couch.

"Really? How? I think I read you were drowned- oo! Do you know who did it? Was it a stranger? Or was it someone you kn-"

"I dont want to talk about it." Cody interrupted yet again. Robin quickly shut up and nodded.

"Sorry ive just never seen like.. a ghost... ya know..?" Robin said as he quickly finished up putting his living room stuff away.

"Well.. you gotta get used to me. I can't leave." Cody said with a grin.

< 882 words >