33

I'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend

I know it's probably too soon but I can't go another second without having the honor of being her boyfriend.

I wanted to do something big and fancy for her but I need to ask her right here right now.

I've been thinking about this ever since the moment I realized my feelings for her were more than friendly.

Linnea Johnson has had control over my every thought since we were five years old.

Even through the hard times, I thought of her, every day.

Not a day went by when I didn't miss her.

The shower shuts off and I immediately grow nervous again.

This is it. What if she says no? What if it's one-sided feelings?

You know what? I'm going to ask her to the upcoming college dance, and a few dates.

I'm such an idiot I can't just ask her to be my girlfriend before going on dates.

Oh my gosh, what is wrong with me? Sure we've hung out before just the two of us but it's different to go on an actual date.

Linnea deserves a real date, multiple dates. A million dates. The world.

She emerges from my bathroom in my clothes, she's gorgeous. I love the way she looks in my clothes. I am so in love with her.

She's using a towel to scrunch her hair dry looking at the ground. I stare at her as she does. I guess she notices cause she looks up from the ground with a questioning look in her eyes.

"What?" She smiles at me while still drying her hair.

"Nothing." I shake my head still looking at her. I can't take my eyes off her.

She tosses the towel into the laundry bin in the corner of my room.

I reach to my nightstand and grab my Macbook, opening it up to Netflix. She crawls under the covers next to me, close. My heart picks up at her touch.

"What is wrong with you today?" She hit my shoulder gently. I am so scared right now.

I clear my throat. "I haven't had my daily dose of Sonic today." Best cover-up.

"You are something else Warren." she gets out of bed and walks over to grab her phone and wallet off the dresser.

"What are you doing, sunshine?" Damn it. The nickname slipped up.

She whips around at the sound of the nickname.

"Sunshine?" She smiles a little tilting her head slightly.

I stutter a bunch of nonsense before she cuts me off by kissing me.

Just a quick kiss has me wanting more.