𝒙𝒍. Targaryen Blood

╔═════════๑♡๑═════════╗
CHAPTER FORTY
╚═════════๑♡๑═════════╝

╔═════════๑♡๑═════════╗CHAPTER FORTY ╚═════════๑♡๑═════════╝

"SOMETHING IS WRONG, MOTHER." Jaelyx spoke in Valyrian. His voice was soft but Aenora could hear the worry.

As a mother, she knew when something was wrong with her children. As Jaelyx's mother she knew that whatever she felt, he felt it too.

Aenora stopped walking and turned to Jaelyx.

"You are right, my sweet boy." Aenora paused for a moment, causing him to tilt his head. "Out of all your brothers and sisters, you are the one I've understood the most. I think it's because you're the one who's the most like me."

Jaelyx didn't say anything, as he rarely would. He listened to her, waiting for her to tell him what he already knew.

"The King is going to die, Jaelyx. And the moment he does, the vipers who rule in his name now are going to try to put Aegon on the throne. If I had no children I'd allow it, I'd bend the knee. But, instead I have six children, whose veins are filled with pure Targaryen blood." Aenora told her son.

Jaelyx took a moment to digest what his mother just said. War was approaching, and he had to be ready for it.

"I will be with you, mother. Through all of it," Jaelyx stated simply.

Aenora smiled lovingly at her son. She was grateful for his promise, but it struck fear into her heart at the same time.

For, he did not know what was to come.

The Princess once again stood before her fathers chamber door.

When she finally built up enough courage to go in, she was greeted with the scent of burning wood and sickness.

There were empty bottles of what she assumed once held milk of the poppy. She looked to stone sculpture of Valyria, that was left unfinished. It would remain that way, too, she thought.

Slowly, she made her way to her fathers side. Sitting at the edge of the bed, she stared at his bandage covered face.

A single tear fell from her eye.

Seeing her father in such a state made her heart ache. All she could think of was the misery he must've been enduring.

"Nora," Viserys said. His voice was broken and weak.

"Hello, father." Aenora said, her voice was weak as well, but for a different reason.

Aenora could see her father sitting in and out of his sleep.

She regretted coming in. She could've done without seeing her father this way. She was scared that this would be one of the last memories she'd have of him.

But with that, Aenora decided she'd make her peace with him. Whether he'd remember it or not, let alone hear her, she was going to say all that she needed to say.

Bringing his hand into hers, she began the process of letting him go.

"Viserys the Peaceful. King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm." Tears began to fall down her face. "My father. I hated you for what you did to mother. I've hated you for making me feel as though I wasn't enough. Yet, I love you and I can't imagine a world where you aren't alive. You've given me what is yours, you've named me your successor. And I'm going to fight like hell for it."

Aenora brought his hand up to her face, leaning her face against it. Comforting herself.

"I need you to fight for me and Rhaenyra, one last time. Defend her, father. Defend my sister and her sons claim. I will need the Velaryon army when the time comes. Please, father." Aenora begged.

She waited for him to respond. She waited for any indication that he heard her. But there was nothing. No movement, no sound, nothing.

Aenora sighed. She kissed his hand before getting up and leaving the chamber.

As she walked through the halls of the Red Keep, she thought of all of the ways tomorrow could end.

Aenora prayed the odds were in her and her sisters favor.

"Princess?" A familiar voice spoke.

Aenora reluctantly turned to face the woman she'd been avoiding.

"Alicent," Aenora said plainly.

The Hightower woman gave an annoyed huff, "It's is Queen Alicent, might I remind you."

"You my fathers wife and you are my siblings mother," Aenora moved closer to her and whispered, "but you are no queen."

The low tone of Aenoras voice sent a cold shiver down Alicents spine.

"I became the queen when I married your father," Alicent said.

"And you lost all of my respect when you lied to my sister," Aenora narrowed her eyes.

"Whether you respect me or not, that doesn't dismiss the truth." Alicent challenged Aenora by stepping forward.

Aenora gave her a malicious smile, "I tolerate you for my siblings. If it weren't for them I'd feed you to Vyr."

"Are you threatening the Queen, Princess?" Criston Cole asked, placing his hand on his sword.

"I could, Ser Criston. I really could," Aenora answered, keeping her gaze on Alicent.

Alicent and Aenora stared at each other. Alicent was waiting for her to do something, while Aenora simply stood her ground.

"Is there a problem, mother?" Aeva said, appearing from around the corner with Aemond at her side.

"Of course not, sweet love." Aenora smiled at her daughter. "It's late, I should retire to my chamber."

Without another word, Aenora and Aeva turned and left the queen along with her son and sworn knight in the dark hallway.

Aenora knew she was probably making matters worse. But she wasn't desperate enough to kiss Alicents feet. She had a different plan.

She'd never back down. Aenora wanted Alicent to know how she thought. She gave her a small glimpse of who she's willing to become. If not who she already is.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

AUTHORS NOTE
omg you guys are gonna hate me for what i'm about to put in these upcoming chapters LMAO. anyways, drop a comment or something. and don't mind how short this chapter is, I just wanted to give a filler and stir the pot.

drink water.