Chapter 21

2nd update of the day

Recape

"Wasalaam ammi (mother). Why ammi why did you give permission to my grandparents to get me married, when you know exactly how much I love him ammi why?" she bursts into never ending tears.

Present

Layla Pov

I pour my heart out infront of ammi and all she does is stay silent.

"Ammi (mother) I'm looking for an answer. You have to answer me."

"Layla you already know what happened to your Zainy. HE IS DEAD AND GONE TO ALLAH'S HOUSE. DEAD. D-E-A-D. DEAD UNDERSTAND LAYLA YOU HAVE TO MOVE ON." Ammi (mother) whisper yells at me.

"No ammi (mother) don't say that he isn't dead. He is far away from me that's why I'm still breathing. If he was dead then I would of died as well."

"Layla the world doesn't work that way. If one dies the other still stays alive. There is no such thing as for the one to live the other has to live as well. Those are only movies and stories."

"No ammi (mother) if my Zainy had died then I would die as well. I don't mean I would commit suicide but I would die because Allah has written our names together. Live together and die together. I would never ever give myself to another man I would died exactly the same day that another man tries to touch me in the wrong way." I say to ammi (mother) switching off the phone call.

I throw the phone to the other side of the room and take a seat in the bed. I cried my eyes out when I remember a incident that had occurred 14 years ago.

Flashback

My Zainy and where playing in our backyard with a ball in our hand.

"Catch Zainy catch!" I screamed at him.

"Layla, you do know right that my name isn't Zainy it actually is Z.." my Zainy starts without thinking, when I cut him off in the middle.

"No Zainy don't! My ammi was going to tell me your real name but I refused. She said the only reason I called you Zainy was because I couldn't pronounce your name correctly when I was 2 years so I told ammi that you will forever be my Zainy and I refuse to call you anything else, so yeah don't try and correct me ever again.

Flashback to be continued...

"Layla came it's dinner time."  grandmother knocks on my door bringing me out of my memory lane.

"Caming" I called out so that granny doesn't open my room door and see that I was busy crying.

I walk into the attached bathroom inside my room and wash my face. There was only one room in my grandparents house with an attached bathroom and they gave it to me.

After caming out I straight my appearance so they don't became doutful.

I walk to the dinner table and take a seat next to grandma

"Tell her" I hear grandma say to grandpa.

"No, you tell her." grandpa whispers back. I look up and say.

"What's going on grandma, grandpa?"

"What?" the question together acting innocent.

"Please tell me already. I know you want to say something." I look at grandma first and then eye grandpa.

"Okay fine I'll just tell her." grandma says annoyed that grandpa didn't want to talk. "We went to Salman for you hand in marriage and he says he only sees you as a sister. We are very sorry my dear."