Chapter Twenty-Five

Sunday morning. Just waking up and I'm actually excited for a Sunday. I have an idea of something to do with Alex but I don't know if she'd be up for it, it's in public but also sorta not.

I'm alright sitting on the couch dressed as well. I took some clothes from her room last night to wear today. I figured she'd be fine with it.

It is already 9:23 so I figured she'd be down in a little anyway. I'm also not going to wake her up because she's just too peaceful looking, I can't disturb that. I'm also not making anything because it doesn't feel right when not at my house and I don't own anything, I feel rude doing it.

Shortly I heard her footsteps and I turned my attention to the hall. I saw her walking out In day clothes and she made her way to me.

"You should have woken me up Carter." She said as she sat down.

"No you were sleeping peacefully."

"Doesn't matter. You could have woken me up, I wouldn't mind." She moved a piece of hair behind her ear. "Did you at least make yourself some food?"

I looked down avoiding her gaze, I felt something in my hurt. "N-no." I shook my head.

She took my hands and made me look at her. "It's okay that you didn't. Just remember that toy are always welcome to, alright? Whatever that's here you can use and or eat." She reassured me.

"Okay." I wisperd.

"Now tell me what you want to eat." She demanded, just like a teacher, ironic.

"Well, Miss Cameron. Whatever you are willing to make."

"We aren't in school, Carter." She told me.

"But you're kinda acting like a teacher. With all the demanding and stupid caring." Not necessarily stupid just not needed. At least for me.

"My caring is not stupid. I actually care. Not that I don't with my job most the time I just have to pretend I care for stupid reasons. But I actually care, Carter." Her eyes got darker knowing my reason for saying what I did.

I felt my smile fade as I thought about my reason. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean it was stupid just... not- well- not normal for me, in the real caring way." My hands ran up my arms as I felt my eyes sting.

Don't you dare cry. She's seen that enough, she'd get upset if I did again.

The couch dipped as she sat back down. "That's okay. It can become normal now. I'll always care, really care."

"Thanks." My voice cracked. I felt the water in my eyes and I tried to blink it away.

Alex grabbed my hands and rubbed circles in them with her thumbs. "Look at me, Carter." I shook my head. "Please."

I debated it as I sniffled. Finally I turned my head twords her.

She put some hair behind my ears. "If you need or want to cry do so. You have all the right to."

"It's fine. I'm fine. I don't need to." I said wiping away the tears. "See no need." I tried to chuckle but it faded out.

"Well if you do, you always can." She said not believing me. "What do you want to eat?"

"Whatever you want to make or have." I responded and she got up and made her way to the kitchen.

__

We had some fruit to eat, that's all. But it was some very sweet fruit, the best type of fruit.

Now we are just sitting down. Alex is reading and I'm breathing.

She flipped the page and put her bookmark in. Maybe I'm not just breathing, I'm also kinda watching her.