Glasses

After breakfast, Max had asked his boyfriend to guide him towards the balcony of their apartment.
For a moment he just wanted to breathe in the cool winter air and the Monaco sun on his face. To close his eyes and just feel like his former self for a moment.

As Charles guided him on the chair he patted his shoulder. "You need anything else Max?" He asked his boyfriend. "Could you get me my sunglasses? The sun on the water is to bright" he explained with a polite smile, squinting his eyes. "Of course  Cherie" he smiled as he went inside and grabbed a blanket with him in the process. It was now early December and his boyfriend had been locked in a hospital for weeks so he didn't want for him to catch a cold.

"Here you go" he said as he placed the sunglasses on his boyfriend's nose before kissing it while draping the blanket over the Dutchman's shoulders. "So" he smiled content. "Good?"
"Yeah thanks lief" Max smiled as he leaned back in the chair closing his eyes with a sigh.
"I'll go clean up the kitchen okay? Call for me if you need anything?" He instructed the dutchman. "Yeah I will"

Charles made his way inside about to close the balcony door.
"Charles?"
"Yeah?"
"I love you"
Charles couldn't help but smile.
"I love you too"

As Charles had cleaned up the kitchen he leaned over the countertop as he grabbed his phone out of his back pocket looking out of the window before unlocking it. Max was still seated on the balcony.in the winter Monaco sun. Sunk in to the blanket he had wrapped around his shoulder earlier. His shoulders slumping as he saw him take a deep breaths. He knew Pierre had planned to arrange to get by today, their friends wanted to show their support towards the couple.

"I'm not sure today is a good day... how about next week?" He quickly texted in their group chat. Only for it to buzz in his hands only a couple of seconds later.
"Oooh, we are al ready in the elevator..." he read
"But we can leave?" Was send soon after.
"No it's okay come up" He texted them back. To polite to send them away now.

He quickly cleaned up the last glasses on the countertop before he dried his hands on his jeans before opening the door.
"Hey guys" he said a bit awkwardly. "Come on in"
Pierre smiled simpathicly at him. "How are you?" And Charles just shrugged. "It's good to be home again" as he said that Pierre wrapped his friend in a hug witch he earned him a sob from from the monegasque . Who as he did so took a step back whipping furiously at his eyes. "Sorry"
"ne sois pas" Joris said as he slung his arm around his childhood best friend. Everyone who was here understood how hard the last couple of weeks had been on both of their friends, and as of now they didn't know when it would end. At this moment they both where able to make it home again.

Charles smiled sadly at him before he made his way towards the living room  beaconing the group to followed him. "He's on the balcony, I'll let him know, but please don't be to loud as he still has to be careful with sensory overload" he asked of their friends who all nodded and tried to be quite though the size of their group.

Charles slid open the balcony door as he went to sit next to his boyfriend. "Hey Maxy" he smiled at him as he grabbed a hold of his hand.
"Hey you" Max smiled back at him. "There are some people for you, do you feel up for it ?"
"Who are some people?"Max questioned with his eyebrows raised at the tone of the monegasque.
"Our friends.... All of them" Charles chuckled.
"Well can't send them away now, no?" He asked as he  also chuckled, though he was tired he appreciated their friends efforts.

He pulled of the blanket as he went to stand up and held out his arm so his boyfriend could guide him in to the house. He wasn't yet confident enough to walk alone as they only got back here last night. The hospital was a small and open space where he by now knew the way like the back of his hand. Their apartment wasn't so much as he couldn't see enough.