Blinking, there you are

Day 7 in the hospital had now passed and Max was done with being here. He just wanted to go home, back to Monaco back to where he felt at home, the place he and Charles could be alone.

It's not like he didn't appreciate his parents, his sister and of course Pascale. But he was done with the unfamiliar room, the unfamiliar smell, in this unfamiliar country. A hospital where he didn't know the way. So he was more then delighted to hear that the drain in his brain would be removed. If all went well he could go home over the course of next week.

Max had slept alone this night, insisting his boyfriend to get some proper night sleep in a real bed and not on the old couch stuffed in the corner of his hospital room. But now he had woken op early and he was still alone. Normally he didn't have a problem with the peace and quite. But now he would love him to be here or any of the others for that matter.

After he got his breakfast and finished that in a agonisingly slow pace he decided to freshen himself up, the last days Charles had helpt him with it. And though he didn't feel much Shame for his boyfriend. He felt ashamed and embarrassed for the fact that he couldn't even take care of himself. Max was determined though he wasn't fully healed he would try again. And make everyone around him proud. Also he felt like he had something to prove.

As he was just getting seated on the bedside his phone rang. After some fumbling on the blurry screen he picked up. "Hello?" As he hadn't seen the caller ID.
"Oh god Max, it's so good to talk to you" the British man on the other side of the line uttered relieved.

Christian had been worried sick after Jos had informed him about his son's crash, back then Max had still been in a coma. Jos had kept him updated and after Max woke up told the team principal that after some more days maybe he could call. But giving Max the time and space to heal first. The Brit had immediately agreed as he was concerned for the young dutchman as if it was his son en not only because he was Redbull's golden boy. He really cared for him.

"Hi Christian" Max had uttered awkwardly not really sure what to say in these kind of situations. Luckily for him his team principal was waterfall of speech. They talked a little bit of what exactly had happend, only then Max came back to think of what the paparazzi's had done. Wondering if they even stopped to check on them? But on the other side wishing they didn't as their precarious secret would be out. But given the fact as far as beknownst to Max they hadn't yet made the news. Still Christian promised him to take care of it like he promised last year he would.

"And Charles? How is Charles?" The Brit asked him and Max told him about that too. How he had been stuck in the car till the ride to the hospital but luckily he was well, only a big bruise on his abdomen. And how well he had taken care of him. As he told the last part with a blush on his cheeks.

"Well let him Max, enjoy it while it lasts" the Brit had joked. "I'm not the person to speek out on good looking guys but your nurse is quite the stunner Max" he added laughing. "CHRISTIAN!" Max laughed with him embarrassed but smiling at the brits words. His team principal really was different kind, but he was glad. That was why Redbull was his family.

After they hang up Max gathered some clean clothes and his toiletries making his way in to the bathroom. Pulling along the strings and pole he up till now still was hooked on.

At first he got quite far, changing his pants even though he did it seated, he did it himself and he was quite proud. Fuck, proud of pulling up my own pants... what has come from me... he sighed to himself but decided not to think about it to much. But from there on it all went sideways as he tried to grab something from the sink he missed and lost his balance. He still tried to hold on but it was no use as fell towards the ground.

"Ah fuck" he groaned as he looked if he had any nee injuries, as far as he could see luckily he hadn't any.so he tried to get up again but as he tried he got dizzy his vision blurry. So he leaned back against the tiles of the bathroom as he pulled up his legs and placed his head between them.

He wasn't usually a cry-er but now he started to softly sob, his hands in his hair. He was pathetic. He used to be a f1 driver, reaction speed was everything. And now he couldn't even manage himself up. Would he ever get back to where he was? Would it ever be safe for him to race again?

After a while he heard some mussing from the other side of the door "Max are you here?" He hears his mother ask and he doesn't say anything. "Max?" She asks again as there is a knock on the door but he only sighs , he wishes she would leave as he doesn't want to be seen like this. But now the bathroom door slides open and his mother is next to him on her knees in seconds. "Max, honey are you okay?!" She asked panicked as she places her hands on his cheeks trying to look at her son. And Max only nods to the streaks of tears on his face tell another story.

"What happend?" She asked and Max only mumbled "I fell" not wanting to embarrass himself even more.
"We should get a doctor to check on you! Can you get up?" She ask and as Max nods she slowly helps him on his feet back to the bed. As he is seated on it she helps him put on his shirt before he lays down against the pillows again, pulling up his knees.
"Hey honey you will be okay!" Sophie said as she noticed her sons wrapping an arm around his shoulders. "You're pushing yourself to much"

Something inside him snaps. All the emotions and fear he so desperately tried to keep down and hidden boil over.
"Yeah?! So what if I can't? will never race again?! What if I never become a world champion? What if I can't take care of myself anymore? What then? Charles will get sick of me and leave me! And what then?" He cries as his face his wet and red , his hair disheveled and his mothers heart breaks. She hates to see her son like this.

She comes to sit next to him as she pulls her son to her chest placing a kiss on his head as she holds him close. "It will get better baby, just give yourself some time, you are allowed to heal!" As she kisses his head again. "And you know Charles won't leave you, he is crazy about you and you know that! Yesterday when he got back to the hotel we had to convince him not to turn on his heels to get back to the hospital again and sleep on that couch another night" she smiles at the thought that her son is so loved by the monegasque.

A slight smile spears on Max his face as he whippes away some tears. "Really?" He ask his mother who nods "yes really" and like that they just stay seated for a while. As they hear some talking the door opens and suddenly it's quiet. "Is everything okay here?" Victoria asks as she enters the room. "Yeah it's fine" Sophie replies as she motions not to go further on about it.

"I-is , h-as Charles come with you?" Max as trying to wipe his face and straighten his back as he hears movement around the room and feels his hand being grabbed. "Yes Cherie, I'm here"