jungkook's confession

.✧ ➤ ❝  jungkook's confession ...?¿ ❞

?¿ ❞

𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗘:  November 2021𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡: Permission to Dance on stage, LA

𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡: Permission to Dance on stage, LA

yuri stretched out her body across the couch in her hotel room, feeling the tension start to release as she leaned back and closed her eyes, "that was such a cool show, but i'm so tired."

the boys all hummed and nodded in agreement, too tired to form words at this point. they had just gotten back from a concert and eaten takeout for dinner in her hotel room like they did most nights on tour.

after a couple of minutes of comforting silence, taehyung announced that he was going to do a vlive in his hotel room and that they were welcome to join.

"i think i'll sit this one out," yuri replied, "i'm way too tired."

"yeah me too," jungkook agreed immediately, sounding somewhat nervous, "i'm exhausted."

"i think i might get some rest—" jimin started saying before he was met with glares from all of the boys to which he just responded to with a confused face, "wha—?"

"no, you have to do this because you promised that you would," taehyung reminded him, although it sounded weirdly like a threat, "remember?"

"if he's tired let him rest," yuri said, "he can hangout with us for a bit before we go to sleep."

"no," jungkook blurted out, "i mean— i don't think hyung's that tired, right?"

"no...?" jimin said, his expression still a confused one, "i'm not? i'll do the live."

"well then if jimin's getting forced to do it, it's only fair if me and jungkook do it too," she replied, getting off the couch, "then we can all go rest afterwards."

"no, you don't have too," jungkook pulled her back down on the couch, resulting in her landing in a position much closer to him than before, "jimin's not tired at all."

"oh... oh. yeah, no i'm not!" jimin replied, his eyes wide and it was as if he was got a new burst of energy out of nowhere, "actually let's go right now so we can talk to our fans as quick as we can." he added before quickly darting out the room.

"so dumb," yoongi shook his head before following after him.

one by one, all six boys left the room, hoseok being the last. he winked obnoxiously and sent a thumbs up to jungkook which was responded to with a glare from the youngest.

"that was so odd," yuri muttered to herself in english.

"odd? no, not odd," jungkook said, repeating the english word, "nothing's odd."

"...okay. you're also being odd," yuri said before standing up, "we should probably go change. i'm sure the boys will be done earlier than usual since everyone's tired."

"yeah, i should go," jungkook stood up too.

"you can stay here if you want to. i'll just be a second in the bathroom, we can watch a movie or something," she said before walking to the bathroom door, not noticing the anxious boy behind her who was bouncing on his feet impatiently as he contemplated his decision one last time.

right before she was in the bathroom, jungkook spoke again, "actually, can we talk?"

"right now?" she turned around, "can i change before?"

"i need to tell you something important," he replied, looking down at the floor, "and i don't think i'll be able to say it if i don't say it now."

"jungkook, is something wrong?" she asked, walking over to him.

"no, nothing's wrong," he shook his head, lifting his eyes to meet hers, "it's actually a good thing. a great thing, really."

"ooh~ now i'm excited. alright, so spill it," she smiled, "what's the good news?"

"um, well... i just— i don't know how to say this," he sighed, "it's been such a long time and i don't wanna ruin anything but i just can't keep it in anymore. i don't want to keep it in anymore."

"wait— jungkook..." she whispered, her smile fading as she realised where this was going. he was bringing up the conversation both of them had been avoiding for years.

"i'm sorry, but i can't keep ignoring my feelings anymore. i like you," he smiled now, "saying that you're my best friend seems like an understatement, i wish there was a better word for it. but i like you as more than a best friend. i have feelings for you and they're not very platonic, yuri. honestly, they never have been."

"you— what?"

"i like you," he repeated.

"you can't like me," she said, shaking her head slightly.

"i don't think feelings work that way."

"no, no. you can't like me and i can't like you," yuri said, more forcefully now. her heart was beating rapidly, her hands growing sweaty as she clutched onto the table behind her to stop herself from doing something reckless.

"but do you?" he asked, taking a step closer.

"we can't like each other," she responded, not moving, "we're not allowed to."

"that's not what i asked," he said, shaking his head lightly.

"i... i don't know," she looked away, "you're my best friend."

"and you're mine. but that's not what i asked either. stop avoiding it," he said, tilting her chin up so that their eyes met. "we've both known for a while, yuri. this wasn't a secret, it was just unspoken."

"but we can't," she repeated.

"so you do?" he smiled again, "you like me?"

"that's not what i said," she muttered, her cheeks flushing red.

"is it not? and who says that we can't? someday we will. i promise we will. i'm gonna wait until then."

"jungkook—"

"i'll wait, yuri," he repeated, "i'm gonna wait for you. i've waited years, what's a little more? take your time." he said before leaning down and pressing a soft, lingering kiss to her cheek and the butterflies in her stomach seemed to have doubled in number. "you know where to find me when you're ready. i really do mean it when i say i'm waiting for you," he said before backing out of the room, leaving with a single wave.

yuri stood frozen in her position before reaching a hand up and touching her flushed cheek, the one he had just kissed. a smile made its way onto her lips and she covered her mouth to hide it, then slapped her cheeks lightly to stop them from burning.

in the room next door, a boy threw himself on his bed face face, kicking his legs and punching his pillows as an excited squeal left his mouth.