Chapter 13: Mad Attraction.

S E B A S T I A N

Indignant. 

I'm mad at the thought of leaving her alone with him back then.  

I'm mad that she feels disgusted when she is with me. 

I'm mad at how curious she makes me about her, and no matter how skeptical she appears to be, I can't be able to deny the attraction I feel toward her. 

I take a deep breath and let it out as I check myself back in the mirror before I walk out and grace them all with my presence. A man stares back at me in a long-sleeved dark blue buttoned shirt, black dress pants and dressy shoes with slicked-back red hair, fierce eyes, and tightened jaw stare back at me. Bothered by the questions and doubts, I grit, brush my hand against the side of my head, and then, after a once-over, I overconfidently give myself an approving nod. 

I don't know why, but for today's event, I have this need to look presentable— no, I have to be more than that, and for some reason which makes Duke interrupts me with a sarcastic growl, and I glare at him. I feel excitement and nervousness at the same time coursing through my body. But I do feel enraged, and it makes me wonder whether I really make her uncomfortable enough to cry and scowl whenever she is in my presence when she seems so relaxed with others. 

Heck, she stands her ground and bravely faces the people who give her a hard time. 

I know I made it clear that I don't care about her, but I can't help but notice her. I mean, since her sudden arrival, I haven't been quite focused on anything else. 

So what is it about me that repulses her? Why shut me out when I am her god-fricking-mate!!!! Duke chimes in with a taunting, smug tone. Well, that's why you should have treated her better. 

I pass him a dull look as he says, it's true, you haven't done a single caring thing for her— I am about to interrupt when he continues, —and sending a few clothes isn't caring. You should have treated Emmy♡ like the Luna she deserves to be than a freaking maid, and because of you, some no-name bitch slapped her. 

My jaw gets tighter, and I glower. I have ordered Clayton to ensure the person who harmed her is severely punished. 

So what happened? Do you have some news about what happened to the person who did that to your mate? 

I feel out of words and clench my fists, but not for long when I sense my smug wolf. I tease him flatly. Don't you think I can feel that heart beside her name!? It makes him blush and let out a low howl while I make a note to ask my Beta about the same. 

Anyway, no matter how much you deny the one chosen to be ours, destined to be ours, you won't be able to control your desire of wanting her, of holding her in your arms and marking her yours. I mean, you almost did today, didn't you?

What's your point? I snap. 

The point is soon you won't be able to take it anymore. Also, I don't like men ogling her. If we mark her already, no one will even dare to— "Woah, what's up with you?" a voice brings me back to reality, and I look at the intruder through the mirror as a surge of bitterness and resentment rush in and I raise my eyebrow, "What do you mean?" I don't care if my tone is rude and if he is my friend. 

Clayton steps in. "I don't know. It's just so unlikely of you." 

I turn to face him and scoff, "Of what?" 

Clayton looks around and then clicks his tongue as he gestures at me and comments, "You taking your time getting ready." 

I get what he means. Usually, I am annoyed at any event or party because it involves meeting people you don't like, and this year it's my pack to host the bonfire bash, which is stupid. Ugh, why do we do this? Why mingle with people when you can make them fear you? But not today. I wonder why not. Duke teases.