Chapter 5: It's Been a While

Stefan's POV
I can't believe it. My baby sister— the sister I haven't seen in four years, is standing here in front of my very eyes. I see her start to tear up like me and she runs to me and hugs me and I hug her back.

Gabby says "Stefan? It's been a while. I've missed you so much." I say "Ditto!" She pulls away then punches my arm and spats "How dare you leave us like that?!" I apologize "I'm sorry, I didn't want to, but I knew if I would have told you guys I was leaving to your faces, you would have stopped me."

Gabby opens her mouth to say something, but then closes her mouth because she knows I am right. I say "Exactly." She says "But still, you should have seen Damon for the past two years you were gone; all he did was blame himself."

I feel guilty and say sadly "But it wasn't his fault, I left for me." She smiles at me and I smile back. I look back and see her friends and Freya still there watching us. I ask Gabby "So, you know all these guys? Are they hybrids?"

Gabs answers "Yep. Just like Klaus and I, they triggered their werewolf curse after they turned into a vampire." I say "Oh." I look back at them and the girls smile and wave at me.

I look at Freya and realize I didn't introduce them. I say "Oh right, Gabby, I want you to meet someone." She looks at me intrigued and I hold my hand out for Freya to take and she does. I bring her over to us and I say "Gabriella this is-" she cuts me off "Freya?" And Freya asks "Gabriella?"

I look at them both, confused and not only me, but apparently Gabby's friends too. I ask slowly "Uh, you two know each other?" Gabby says, angry "Yes, I do! You do know who she is right?" I shrug "Yeah I do. She's a Mikaelson, Klaus' eldest sister."

Gabby glares at Freya "Yeah, well this is the same girl who apparently was trying to bring a very horrible person back from the dead." Freya says, upset "Like I tried to tell Klaus and the others, I wasn't trying to bring her back. I was just practicing magic!"

Gabriella spats "Yeah, well, it's pretty suspicious to me how you had her stuff out right when you were doing magic." I say, having enough with Gab's attitude towards Freya "Gabby it's true. If she was trying to bring back Dahlia, don't you think they would have heard from her by now?"

Gabby widens her eyes in shock and I say "Yeah, I know about Dahlia and about Klaus' child. Freya told me everything." I go and grab her hand and hold it and we smile at each other.

I see Gabriella's eyes widen more than before and I say "Yeah, that's right. Freya and I are together." She looks shocked and speechless and stutters "Oh, uh, so... you weren't trying to bring Dahlia back?"

Freya shakes her head saying "No." I look at Gabby, amused because of her face expression. She says "Oh, okay. So, what's been going on?" I say "Well, right now my best friend in this entire world is missing and I need all the help I can get to find him."

Gabby looks at me surprised and asks while walking over to her friends "Okay, what can we do to help?" I say "Whoever took Jason, is probably a supernatural being. Just in case, we're gonna need all the help we can get to take whoever it is down."

Gabby looks at her friends to see if they're cool with it. They nod their heads and she says "Okay, we'll help." I say, relieved "Great! Freya and I are going to her house so she can do a locator spell." We nod our heads at each other and head to Freya's house.

Freya and I go in, while the others are stopped by the invisible wall. They have to be invited in. I look at Freya with pleading eyes and she nods her head. She says, seriously "No biting. Come in." They nod their heads and walk in.

Annie says "Nice place you got here." Freya says while bringing a Portland map to the table "Thank you!" And Annie says "You're welcome." I hear Alexis ask "So, this guy Jason, how long have you known him?" Gabby looks at me attentively, waiting for me to answer.

I say "I've known him since I moved here. When I got here, he had my back and gave me a place to stay. He's more than my friend, he's my brother. Which is why I have to find him." Gabriella looks surprised and shocked.

I look back at Freya to see if she found anything and she says "I found him. He's right here. Five miles from here." I say "Perfect! Let's go." Gabby states "Hold on, it's late. We should all rest first."

I say in a firm tone "No! You can all rest, but I'm going to get him now." I feel Freya's hand on my shoulder and she says "Stefan, she's right. If we're gonna get him back, we need to plan this out and get some rest. We'll leave first thing in the morning." I look at Gabby and her friends and they nod their heads agreeing with Freya.

I state, firmly "First thing." Freya nods her head and repeats "First thing." I say "Alright, let's plan this out." For the past hour, we have been making a plan.

We finally agreed on a simple plan; be as quiet as we can and see if he is really there first and if he is, we sneak in and get him. If it comes to it, attack and possibly kill who it is that took him.

I demand "Okay, first thing, we go get him. Now, let's get some rest." We all agree. I kiss Freya goodnight. We all walk out and Gab's friends vamp speed off to where they're staying. I see her still there looking at me.

I say "Well, goodnight. See you tomorrow." Gabby asks "If you guys have a spare room, can I stay with you?" I smile and say "Yeah. We have a spare. Come on." I hold my arm out and pull her into my embrace. She puts her arm around my waist and lays her head on my shoulder and we walk to my house.

Gabby says in awe "Wow! This house is big. I mean not as big as ours, but big." I playfully roll my eyes at her. I show her to the spare room and I let her get comfortable. I go to my room and put my pj's on.

I walk to the spare room to check on her and I see she fell fast asleep. I cover her with the comforters and I see her snuggle up to the cover getting warm. I smile at her and put a strand of hair behind her ear.

I walk out the room and close the door. I then go to my room and get into my bed. As I am trying to sleep, all I can think about is Jay and hoping he's okay.